New to lighting but have some cool toys to play with

guapo42

New elf
Hi everyone, nice to be here.

I'm a programmer and amateur circus performer. I've been getting into lighting our tents and creating interesting spaces for people to gather. Been using a raspberry pi to power led strips along with simple plug in lights. I'm looking forward to start using dmx.

A friend of mine who is an industrial artist has 5 Winona 729W strips left over for a project and I'm trying to use them to light up an arial rig so that we can control lighting on opaque fabric behind performers flying in the air on silks.

Only thing is we don't have the data power integration box (linked below) or a controller. So I'm starting on a quest to see how to power and control these things. Any pointers as to where to post questions about this setup here would be welcomed.

http://www.acuitybrands.com/products/detail/343991/winona-lighting/728-parata-linear/interior-linear-dynamic-color-led-surface-mount/-/media/products/winona_lighting/343991/document/728-729w-a2-installation-instructions_pdf.pdf

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
that box looks to me like a simple dmx splitter
an there are lots of simple an cheap dmx controllers out there.. there is also dmx-usb if you wanted to go down that track