New to the Forum

nsmetcalf

New elf
This will be my 3rd year doing a Christmas light show and Halloween. I have been using HLS for the past 2 years and this year I am attempting to switch to all pixels and xlights. So far having a little difficulty with my layout, but I have been working to get assistance on other forums. I have been watching the xlights 4 webinar and also saw a link to this forum on one of Sean Meighan's videos so thougt I'd check it out.

nsmetcalf

New elf
I appreciate that. To sum up my issue I was setting up my layout and getting overlap on my channels. I set them up sequentially. IE: mini trees 1-8, arches 1-3 etc. and used the "start channel" arch 1 starts after mini tree 8. I thought xlights would fig the channels so I did not figure out my channels. I did them sequentially bc I really do not know how many pixels/channels to assign to each element as I was previously using HLS and had all LED. Changing to all pixels and xLights this year with 2 Falcon 16v2 controllers. So I was talking with Sean M on the nutcracker 123 forum and he says: "The problem is all those models that pop up in that box saying it couldn't determine the start channel have circular references. If I start on any of the models for the peaks, flats, and mega tree + star and follow the chaining it ends up wrapping back onto itself. There's no way for me to know which model in the chain needs to be broken and tied back to something else. Which of those models is supposed to be the lowest channel number? Change that model to point to something outside that list and it will fix them all."
[/size]So, I think at this point I am just going to have to assign my channels manually.