New Web Site

rvenegas

Apprentice elf
Dear Fellow members, months ago I was looking for information regarding Christmas lighting. Last year was my first attempt and I just started with 2 LOR Units, I can't complain of the results. However looking for a better light show I just found a great Web Site with a huge forum and a lot of topics and a nice and warm chat (Of course i'm talking about auschristmaslighting.com).
To be honest without this forum and guidance from you all I wouldn't improve myself about mi Christmas lights addiction problem . Now thanks to you guys I am able to build a matrix, mega tree, coro canes, anything I want now.
The reason for this post is because I just found out couples of weeks ago that i`m the first person using RGB lights for Christmas decoration, and even a sequencer is a unknown tool here at Venezuela (Only showbiz companies knows about it). I want to start a new web site like auschristmaslighting.com but in Spanish version, just to spread my addiction.
At the very beginning I would translate some of the content of this forum. i.e. 101 Christmas lights manual and some other stuff with valuable information.
In any case, if you guys accept my proposal I will always keep the link to this site and always will indicate the author for any material translated. Also, I would like to indicate in my web site that we are related to auschristmaslighting.com.

Cheers.

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
rvenegas, With that web page idea you have, you look like you want to start a very demanding, time consuming project.....It is not gonna be a piece of cake... It is gonna keep your nose to the grind stone. A web site as you want to do will really need a few people to make it stay in operation... You need to really think hard before you start it & then not be able to keep it going... It will also have some $$$ cost to it...
Just some feelings from an old fart that has been around the block a few times....lol,
Good luck....

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
I would think that ACL has been a few years in the making & has many people involved to keep it working. It has a wealth of information that has been collecting for a long time & that is one of the things that make this site so great.
I don't know what it cost to keep it on the web, but can be asured there is a cost with it that one person cannot do on their own.
You may consider chatting with the different people here that are involved in it's operation(Administrator, moraters, etc.) & find out some of the ends & outs of a site like this...
This will give you a better ide of what you will be up against....

rvenegas

Apprentice elf
Well.. the cost wouldn't be a problem, I still have space available in the web server I rented, so I just need to pay for domain (inexpensive).
I agree with you, it takes a lot of time to build and keep running a web site like this , I would try to recruit some people to help me with web design and administration. Also it will take some time, i'm realistic about I will need at least 6 months to have it running.