Newbie from Houston, TX, USA

nguyenusmc

New elf
I had been doing dummy Christmas LED lights for several years and did not know smart pixel existed until I saw the light shows by Tom BetGeorge on Youtube about 3 weeks ago, and I started falling in love with pixel since then. I have been learning pixel for 3 weeks so far. I plan to swap my old LED Christmas lights (I have many dummy LEDs, around 10 totes of 27 gallons that I bought from Costco) with pixel for years to come. My house is in a special location that my backyard is more important than my front yard because my backyard is facing all main streets and walkway paths with a lot of pedestrians around a lake. So I will invest in a lot of pixel components for both my back and front yards. My goal for the moment is to build a 20-ft minimum megatree, house outlines, and at least 2 singing faces for my backyard before Christmas of 2021.

I am willing to learn anything about pixel. If anyone know any website or have any useful link from this forum, please let me know. I appreciate it.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf

TerryK

Retired Elf
Welcome to ACL. I too suggest to begin with the ACL 101 Manual. Then browse the other ACL sections for ideas and to get an idea for the problems that individuals typically encounter. Also while it will require some time, watch most or all of the Canispater Christmas videos on YouTube.

nguyenusmc

New elf
Welcome to ACL and the madness that is this hobby. I would urge you to start small. Pixels aren't as simple as the LED lights you're used to. Check out the ACL 101 manual if you haven't already. https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/auschristmaslighting-101-manual.1889/ Lots of helpful members here. Chat is a good place to learn and ask questions as well.
Thanks for your suggestion. I am an electrical engineer with great knowledge in building electrical junction boxes (in oil drilling equipment, and I also have past IT experience. So I have confidence that I can learn pixel quickly.

nguyenusmc

New elf
Welcome to ACL. I too suggest to begin with the ACL 101 Manual. Then browse the other ACL sections for ideas and to get an idea for the problems that individuals typically encounter. Also while it will require some time, watch most or all of the Canispater Christmas videos on YouTube.
Yeap, I have been watching his YouTube channel for last 3 weeks :)
His YouTube channel is very informative. I may need to take his Udemy class in in case I may miss anything from his YouTube videos

chris19681986

Apprentice elf