Newbie from Kentucky USA

Tim Hutson

New elf
Hi everyone. I am new to modern Christmas light displays. I actually had an awesome outdoor display 40 years ago, way before anybody else, with a lot of electronics I built from scratch and C9 Christmas lights. I was able to create a lot of chase patterns with R, G, B, Y, and W alternating C9 lights. Amazing what you could do with lots of TTL ICs and tons and tons of soldering. Anyway, that is ancient history and I am getting started again with addressable RBG LED lighting. I am starting with a mega Christmas tree in remembrance of the 25 foot tall tree I had 40 years ago.

I tried posting a question on a forum and got the following error message:
The following error occurred:
The content you want to post is not allowed.

I couldn't figure out what I did wrong so if anybody has any ideas let me know. Hopefully I won't get an error for this "Hello" message.

scamper

Dedicated elf
I think you need to post in the new members section before you can anywhere else and before you can upload pics.... again... I think...
but anyway... Welcome to ACL.
I always did some kind of lights myself before getting into this but never to the extent you obviously did.
have fun and make sure you download and read the lighting 101 manual, it has almost all the answers, but if it doesn't, just ask.