Newbie From Melbourne

Theo Giourtis

New elf
Hello Guys.
I found this forum by accident while i was searching/reading about RGB lights/nodes etc.
I had a look at the 101 manual ( very helpful )
Help need it tho for the selection of type of lights ( bullets/flat modules etc ) according to location ( windows/roof lines) etc
As soon i will work my way around this forum i will post a thread with a photo from xLights to hear any suggestions
Regards
The newbie :)

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
Hi Theo - welcome to ACL. Selection of light types and location comes down to personal preference, budget, your house, time you have to complete the tasks etc etc. But your in the right place to help guide you. :thumbsup:

Theo Giourtis

New elf
Hi guys... i may sound like dumb now...but where is the option to upload an image here???? i can see i window pop up for an image but asking for URL

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
Just below the text box is an option to upload a file in green (it appears for me). Only other thing is you may have to make some more posts for it to appear.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi Theo and welcome to ACL!
You may be interested in attending the Melbourne Mini which is in a few weeks time. More details and RSVP on this thread: https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/2018-melbourne-mini-2nd-3rd-june-2018-rsvp-here.10623/
These are little mini expo's or meet & greets where we all get together and show off our creations, give presentations on lighting related topics and generally talk animated lighting displays. It's open to anyone of any level of experience, as we are all constantly learning and feeding information off of each other. Highly recommend newbies to attend to see first hand what some of the gear looks like and ask questions, to help make better informed decisions around your display and how to put it together before you blow all your money on things you may not actually want/need :)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
A heads up if you grabbed the old 101 then the new 1 that is only days out of the packet has much more info in it.
Between the 101 and the mini's it's possible to save yourself lots of money and headaches. Both are well and truly worthwhile.

kinglights

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL. Lots of great info on this site.. make sure you look at the latest version of the 101 which has just been updated.. If you new to all this, then attending the mini will be a great deal of help. You will have some very helpful people who will be able to ask all you questions you need. Good luck..