Newbie here

dmottram

New elf
Hi there everyone,

I hope you all had a great christmas.

About me, I have only every done static displays... not very big either but this year, both before and after xmas, i started buying alot more lights, nothing special but i aim to build throughout the year and attempt to try the whole lights to music display in 2013...

after looking at all the wonderful videos on youtube, i am clearly in over my head but that will not stop me.

So far i have been told that i can use the multi function controller lights with the LOR controllers... as long as the hold their function after powe as been eliminated....

I tested the lights i bought from big w (the 600 LED string lights) and they seemed to hold their setting so i hope they will be compatible as i bought 10 boxes of them.

If anyone has any tips or insight... feel free to drop me a message but remember, i am completely new to this.

Thanks guys

Dave

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL Dave.
Don't be too keen to jump in and buy anything yet as there is plenty of time to research and work out what you want and need. Getting to the 1 of the lighting mini expos mid year is well worth the trip if you can get there.

dmottram

New elf
where are the expos? in sydney?

I would like to get down to them, is there a link anywhere?

I will only be getting a 16 channel controller to start with for 2013, see if i can work it all out... plus with 3 little kids, it will be a long process to acquire more through out the years...

Thanks for the advice

Dave

Madko

Full time elf
Hello dmottram
I'm also a newbie and reading about the mini expo I had a search. Below is the link.
Sounds like something I should see also before I jump in and purchase everything.

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=2648.0

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Dave
Waiting a while is your best bet. The minis are great but even if you can't get to one, the info you get from the forums and chat room is fantastic.
If you haven't found it yet the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is your best place to start.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, you will find all the info and guidence you require either through the forum or the chat room. The chat room seems a bit quiet at the moment as it looks like everyone is now taking a breather after the christmas season.

dmottram

New elf
Thank you for the info and link to the manual, i will download it now and take a gander at it.

I look forward to gathering alot of info from you throughout the year.

Enjoy your new years

Dave