drol-1

New elf
Hi

I`m new to LOR and haven`t fired the lights up yet, just wondering how 240vAC transformer for 24v, 36v AC lights behave

Cheers Norm

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Hi Norm,

Not very well. They don't like being switched rapidly on and off. It will blow the little transformer. DC controllers for these is a much better option. Welcome to ACL . Check out the 101 manual. Heaps of info in there..

aaronwa

Apprentice elf
I am new to computer control this year.

I have a mean-well power supply set to 30V DC, and a LOR DC controller.

You simply cut the lights, wire to the board and away it goes.

As suggested, check out the 101 guide, and PM me if you need any information :)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL.
Putting a transformer on the output of an AC controller is a pretty good way to damage the transformer and/or the output of the LOR board. You can use a large transformer on the input side of the AC board and dim the 24VAC or 36VAC safely. DC boards is the best option really though.
If you really need to put a transformer on the output of a LOR AC board then you should just use on and off (0%, 100%) rather than dimming.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, lots of help and info here. As far as LOR and transformers then the guys in the previous posts have already said it. Best option is to use a large transformer or sequence in a way that doesnt have dimming and quick on and offs.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Norm