Newb's First Post

worksopian

New elf
Just a quick hello to all,
Coming up on my second year of Christmas light animation, 32 channels of LOR last year. Added 16 more A/C channels and 2 LOR CMB24D and a 27 channel DMX controller this year. Now just a couple of weeks ago, the wife decided we should have RGB pixel mega tree (bless her!).
I'm now in full on panic mode!

Look forward to getting to know you all! (or is that y'all?)

Steve.

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
Welcome to ACL Steve!
Great to have the CFO support this early. I had a small pixel tree last year and it opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Everyone will love it.

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day Steve, welcome to ACL mate. All the best with your display and great work getting the Trouble and Strife (Wife, Mrs, etc) on board nice and early. You've come to the best place for information and inspiration. Do you have any plans/ideas for your tree yet?

i13

Dedicated elf
Hi worksopian and welcome to ACL

You'll need to hurry if you want to get a pixel tree up and running in time for this year; you'll need to start learning right now and have a lot of spare time to use. The 101 manual is a good place to start: http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=1889.0

Looking forward to hearing more about your tree plans; I'd suggest posting more information about how you want to design it e.g. strings vs strip, number of strands, height and shape (flat, half tree or full 360 degrees).
Some background information would help too; are you good at soldering? Do you have a good knowledge of networking? Which country are you in?
There are cheaper options than LOR hardware, especially for the pixel tree. That said, cheaper options can mean spending the same amount and getting more items, not spending less in total.

Again, welcome and hopefully I'm not messing up your thread; it's just so critical to start ASAP if you want to build a tree in time for this year.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Steve

First the disclaimer
Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem
With your wife on board, it will make the addiction much nicer. :D :D

As already suggested, the new revised 2nd addition AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource for all things RGB and more. :)

Enough questions ask in previous post for starters .. so... If you want instant answers jump into the chat room. Always lots of friendly folks willing to lend a helpful hand.