No Dig Garden Edging

gmoolenaar

New elf
I found an article when someone used some no dig garden edging to make a RGB Arch. They drilled the stake holes out and inserted the light into the tabs. Thought it would be great as its UV stabilised and easy to work with. However, I have been unable to locate it in Aus(only at Lowes in the states). Anyone seen this in there wanders here?

Here is one of the pic's.
th

Karob

Let there be Light!
Looks like we all seen the same video.

I have searched for the product in Australia and could not find anything, would be great if someone has seen it here and put me out of my misery.

gmoolenaar

New elf
AAH said:

This is similar, but not the same. I have seen the above, it comes in small straight strips. What we are looking for comes in 20ft Rolls.

The video of the arches was found in youtube. If you search for "Easy way to build RGB LED Leaping Arch" by pixntell, you should be able to find it. Easy way to build RGB LED Leaping Arch | Light-o-rama | LOR | LED Christmas Animation | S3

Habbosrus

Back again
The US manufacturers are currently in negotiations with a company based in Melbourne to act as the Australian distributors. They wouldn't give the name of the company just yet. So, currently no Australian suppliers according to manufacturers.

Habbosrus

Back again
Sorry. They wouldn't give anything away. They were very guarded with their response. I'll pursue them again to see if I can get any info.

damo1271

Full time elf
I dont mean to sound cynical (actually I probably do!) but even with an Australian distributor we will probably pay twice as much as we can get from the US directly.

The fishpond site in an earlier post lists 4x 4foot lengths (with 4x joiners) delivered anywhere in Australia for $60.
I havent looked at any other pricing or sites.

gmoolenaar

New elf
I have made contact with Lowes and they responded.

Will let you know of whether the purchase can proceed and what sort of Price they will charge.

I also found the items in Amazon, however postage varied from $50 - $200 for a single roll.

gmoolenaar

New elf
hhhmmm. Postage from Lowes in the US was $700. Guess we will have to wait a bit

reubenb87

New elf
Haha I made an account to ask if anyone knew of any Australian alternative after I saw this video and couldn't find anything similar in Bunnings!

What do people recommend for simple RGB light strings? I want to break it down into 8 sections or so to have the leaping effect.
Should I just cable tie them onto a bent PVC pipe? From googling I can only really find examples where people wrap hundreds of lights around short sections.