No Nutcracker tutorial this week...

smeighan

Dedicated elf
There will be no xLights/Nutcracker tutorial this week. We will resume the following week. Also I will be gone to Puerto Vallarta for the week of Oct 11-18 so no tutorial on Oct 19th.

This week i need to get my heart checked out. I am having an angiogram in the morning. I have been having some slight chest pain and have been out of breath on my Boy Scout outings. The echo cardiogram showed something that they want to take a closer look.

Wish me luck.

I should soon be back to working on finishing my Kitchen. I have laid 400 sq feet of 20x20" tile. We have put 2x2" mosiac tile embedded in the floor. So far, it looks awesome!
Remember, I need to finish the kitchen before i can make this years Christmas props. Happy wife, Happy Life.

So i hope to be back programming by next week.

thanks

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Well, the angiogram results were not quite what I was hoping for. i have been scheduled for a quad bypass in nine days. I will need to stay in the hospital for seven days after the surgery. I will need to stay home when my family goes to puerto Vallarta on oct 11..

It will give me more time to work nutcracker :)

I am in fine spirits and appreciate the prayers

Sean

Greg.Ca

Apprentice elf
Shaun, if you need something I am just around the corner. Just ask. I think you have my phone number. --Greg--

kel

Dedicated elf
strength-back-soon_zps63d59b55.gif

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
smeighan said:
Well, the angiogram results were not quite what I was hoping for. i have been scheduled for a quad bypass in nine days. I will need to stay in the hospital for seven days after the surgery. I will need to stay home when my family goes to puerto Vallarta on oct 11..

Sean

Sean, all the best form you and your family.

Recover well, and dont push things. Remember, that small amount of money to employ someone to finish your kitchen is alot cheaper then ...... well you know the alternative.

Rest up and good luck.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Matt said:
smeighan said:

Sean

Sean, all the best form you and your family.

Recover well, and dont push things. Remember, that small amount of money to employ someone to finish your kitchen is alot cheaper then ...... well you know the alternative.

Rest up and good luck.

I agree Matt. It was not for saving money, but doing the job like i wanted it. My brother is a contractor and i usually do my own electrical, plumbing, construction. These from the days when i helped build houses. I am getting others to finish the kitchen.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It turns out my artery blockages are at least 1-2 years old. It has just progresed to the point where i was just starting to feel out of breath. I basically had no symptoms because my heart had grown lateral bypass arteries over the years to go around the blockages. If my main coronary arteries are 4" pipe, my heart grew 1/2" auxiliary arteries. Those were enough to stop any heart damage but not enough to allow me to exercise to a moderate level.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I am very lucky we found this. I look forward to seeing what my body feels like with 4 of the 4" pipes working again.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]sean[/font]

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
Had the same thing about 5 years ago. Spent 4 months in ICU and another 2 month just to be able to walk and work like a regular person.
I however thought that was the last of it and did not watch my diet and exercise and a year and one month later I landed up in ICU again for 2 months this time. Please take care of yourself and leave really strenuous or stressful stuff to others.
We need your valuable input in this habit of ours for a few years still ;) .
Good luck m8 and our prayers will be with you.

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
All the best Sean, take it easy and I know it will be hard but pace yourself. I bet there will be hundreds if not thousands wishing you well.

I wish I had half your energy!

Kev :)

Bird

LOR user
Sean, although we would most assuredly miss your weekly input, please take the proper time to heal up. Besides, it's better for us to have around long term than for you to keep things going short term. :)
Best wishes to you and yours.