Non-consecutive channels onto a single E1.31 uniserve

anon

Apprentice elf
Sups team!

My programming in LSP has discrete E1.31 'controllers' for the various elements....I view controllers in LSP as functional display elements rather than physical controller hardware.

So the curly question is, my ECGP12-PR will have a section of strip of 7m hooked into it that acts as a matrix. Connected to the tail of this strip will be 10 RGB modules for a completely different display segment. The 7m strip/matrix and 10RGB modules are in different areas of my programming and so have no consecutive LSP channel numbers (I start each display segment at a factor of 1000).

Can I setup the ouptut config with universe 1 start channel of 3001, channel count of 70 and another universe 1 start channel 8001, channel count 30, and have 100 channels nicely output to the ECG12-PR pixel port associated with that output universe?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ok if using the P12R then each output can be treated as a different universe, unlike the P2 which can have up to 4 universes per output.

The way you are sequencing is the same way i do and setup elements instead of controllers.

But if you have two completely seperate elements that are physically connected together on the same data line (output) then when you set it up in LSP you must ensure that the the channel range is a continuation from the previous element in LSP. The reason why is because when you setup a universe in the LSP e1.31 app, it asks for a universe number a start number and how many channels used. So because the elements are phyiscally tied together but are two seperate elements both in sequencing and to physically look at, then they must be linked as far as the channel range used

so for example:

Tree : Channels: 50, Channel range: 1251 to 1300, Universe 1
Star: Channel 100, Channel range: 1301 to 1400, universe 1

So as you can see they are 2 different elements but because they are physically connected to eachother the channel range just continues on for the next element

anon

Apprentice elf
Thanks Eddy. I suspected as much. I will have to rethink my layouts and relationships.

A similar issue will be my 2x roller down outlines. Each of the 4 vertical strips starts from channel 1 at the top and does down to 20 at the bottom, the tops are left to right from channel 1 to 25. The whole lot will fit within a universe when sequentially connected (with power injection), but may need some rearranging as I might be an effect or two short given the 4 'effects' of the output needed to translate the 2811 RGB to BGR and reverse some segments....

It shouldn't be too much of a drama given my schema...there's plenty of white space around channels to not have to reorganize the whole lot!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
anon said:
Thanks Eddy. I suspected as much. I will have to rethink my layouts and relationships.

A similar issue will be my 2x roller down outlines. Each of the 4 vertical strips starts from channel 1 at the top and does down to 20 at the bottom, the tops are left to right from channel 1 to 25. The whole lot will fit within a universe when sequentially connected (with power injection), but may need some rearranging as I might be an effect or two short given the 4 'effects' of the output needed to translate the 2811 RGB to BGR and reverse some segments....

It shouldn't be too much of a drama given my schema...there's plenty of white space around channels to not have to reorganize the whole lot!

As far as RGB orientation then you can do this in LSP instead to then get around the 4 effect limit.

For example I have 24 candy canes, 12 on each universe. Each candy cane is made up of 4 sections of strip and then 4 modules for the bend. Now the strip and modules have a different RGB orienations to each other so that is 24 effects per universe needed, 12 for the strip sections of the candy canes and 12 for the modules,. So what i do instead is use the 1 effect in the P12R to get the strip the correct orientation and then i apply the software orientation in LSP to the 4 pixels used for the modules for each candy cane.