Non Xmas light Led Controller Help

Discussion in 'The Family Room' started by fxxxrr, Dec 3, 2015.

1. fxxxrr

fxxxrr New Elf

Totally off topic and I apologise in advance, and I don't even know if I have put this in the right place, ( feel free to move if its not)

I'm hoping one of the gurus on here will be able to help me.
    a customer of mine had a LED sign in the front of there business which after the last storm no longer works properly,

its approx. 1.5m x 2.5m led modules on both sides , one side still works although missing a few pixels, the other side just has splashes of red on it.
    at the base of the pole its mounted on is simply a power point and a Ethernet plug, they usually plug a laptop in to program it, however it now no longer communicates, turning it off and back on also does not clear the fault,
    the controller I believe is a HD-C3 as there is a manual for one in the shop apparently
    I have found them here
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/SRY-HD-C3-wireless-rgb-DMX_60067106330.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.28.ZN4fNC

my biggest questions are

is the controller the most likely faulty item?

if I was to access the controller can I easily swap display screens over between channels to see if fault moves accordingly?

do I need to re program a flash drive of some sorts? ( one side of sign works ok so I assume the flash drive is still ok)

is it more likely that the LED modules themselves have gone?

There is no way to access the items unless a cherry picker or similar is used as the sign is to big to remove panels safely from a ladder

I'm thinking of suggesting the customer orders a new controller and has that on hand before we go to the expense of hiring a cherry picker

has anyone here got any magical advise for me? is anyone familiar with these controllers?

thanks in advance

2. David_AVD

David_AVD Good news, everyone!

Sounds like the controller card may have been whacked. Always check power supply voltages too.

You usually have to set various parameters on the new controller card; panel type, configuration, etc.

3. OP
    OP
    fxxxrr

fxxxrr New Elf

David thanks
    I have no idea or experience with controllers at all. as this is in Capalaba would it be something you are comfortable in doing?

4. David_AVD

David_AVD Good news, everyone!

Possibly. PM or email me and we'll go from there. :)