Noob from Newy (Newcastle,NSW)

schoey

New elf
Hi all,

I've always been a bit of a Christmas grinch but my 2.5y/o daughter has shamed me into it for next year. Lots to learn but it looks like a bit of fun.

I've downloaded and read the 101 cover to cover, any good 'shopping list' style threads where someone with a certain setup has done a how to?

If anyone knows of a thread along those lines please link away... (aiming for DC setup, standard LED strings, no RGB)

dale82

Senior elf
schoey , Firstly Welcome to ACL, secondly jump into chat as there is a lot of people that will be able to help you in everyway shape and form.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL schoey
Sorry, I don't have any good links that may be of interest to you.
Sounds like you already have a general handle on what you want.
Now you need to decide on how big you want your display. With size will come decision on what controller(s) you want.

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day Schoey, welcome to ACL. It's great to see another Novacastiran here. Sorry, I can't help with any links that you're after. Have a look at some of the videos people have done, see if there are elements you like and ask away in chat. I have done my very first small show this year using a combination of pixels and Big W lights. Hopefully there will be a bunch of Newy people joining the fun here on ACL.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Wlcome to ACL and the hobby, hopefully you will stick at this all year and have a great show instead of fading away just to come back before christmas and not have much at all,

feel free to ask lots of questions

schoey

New elf
Fasteddy said:
Welcome to ACL and the hobby, hopefully you will stick at this all year and have a great show instead of fading away just to come back before christmas and not have much at all,

feel free to ask lots of questions

This has very nearly happened :-[ after a severe case of analysis paralysis and then missing out on an absolute no brainer of a second hand buy from a member here I have finally realised it's now or never, so here I am a 'new' new member saying hello.

Wish me luck :D

Habbosrus

Back again
Good luck mate. You'll be right. Just have a go and ask lots of questions. I have to get cracking myself. I've done nothing for the past few months.

gerry

Senior elf
Hello Schoey and good luck.

I know what u mean.

Suugest that you pick one setup, one item and one soe software and focus on it. Then build from there onwards.
For example, 2811 strip , an ECG P2 controller, or a Pixilite/Pixlite mini and either Vvixen or LSP, probably the former at this stage if you have not explored any.

Welcome to ACL .