Noob here saying hi, HI !!!

Ernie34

Hi Everyone,

My wife Jill (Jscavincky) and I have wanted to get into computer controlled lighting for quite a few years but really couldn't afford to do it. Well with our income tax return this year we purchased 2 LOR 16 channel controllers and they have been sitting in the basement until last week. We decided to put one of the controllers together and start lighting the porch with the LED lights we have been buying on clearance over the past few years and laid out a plan for lighting. I happened to have a dumb RGB strip in the basement from another project that I had the idea to use as a porch flood but found I didn't have a way to drive it. I quickly ordered a Holiday Cora 27 channel (9) RGB controller and Acti-dongle so I could use the RGB setup. I also got a FM transmitter to broadcast the audio tracks. I did a lot of reading and messing around in the LOR sequencer and was able to muddle my way through a full 15 minute show In the process of all this I made a deal for 900 pixels and a E682 controller which I will have for my Christmas display. So for our first display I was pretty happy with it.

http://youtu.be/XI6soX7-3Xs

16 channels of LOR, and the one RGB channel.

Christmas display we will be adding the 900 pixels, 16 more LOR channels and at least 3 more RGB strips.

:) Oh what fun this is.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and let me thank you all ahead of time for any noob questions I will ask.

Ernie

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL, looks like your well on your way to becoming fully infected with C.L.A.P.
Look forward to seeing what your display ends up like by December.

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Welcome to ACL. The RGB fades are simple but very effective. Enjoy the road ahead.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Great work. It reminds us all how we got started and then CLAP took hold and we had no escape and well here we are. Best of luck with your lighting display

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Jill & Ernie
You have a nice canvas to work with and a nice collection of elements for a good startup.
Look forward to your Christmas show video.

Ernie34

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for being so helpful and knowledgeable. We are still working on the Christmas display but with all of your help the learning curve has been much easier.

Thanks again,

Ernie and Jill Scavincky