Not long!!!

Habbosrus

Back again
I just had the realisation that lights-on (I am planning for Saturday 29/11/2014) is only 16 Saturdays away! I don't know whether to feel like this :D or this :eek: .
I'm interested to find out how everybody's plans are coming along.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
In my naivety I think my plans are coming along okay. Lights prepared, communication with lights okay, layout sorted and 1 song sequenced (well will finish this week). Just need to give it a practice run to make sure it looks like I imagine it after seeing the visualiser. Plan is to get a couple more songs sequenced as well. Just need a break from the kids sport and all will be sorted.

Habbo, 16 weeks is 30% of a year. Its heaps of time and not much time all rolled into one.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I haven't programmed one song yet. Starting this Friday. My new lights this year are built but I haven't tested anything as yet. My upgraded controller boxes from Tupperware containers are still waiting to be assembled.

I keep telling myself I'm ahead of schedule. I guess I'm waiting for it to warm up and I can spend more time in my workshop.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
I haven't programmed one song yet. Starting this Friday. My new lights this year are built but I haven't tested anything as yet. My upgraded controller boxes from Tupperware containers are still waiting to be assembled.

I keep telling myself I'm ahead of schedule. I guess I'm waiting for it to warm up and I can spend more time in my workshop.

I think you need a fire in your workshop!
I am the other way around, I feel guilty going in there if it is too warm out. I love lighting the fire on a cold winters day and hibernate in there tinkering on my lights.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
wow only 16weeks till lightup..
i better get my butt into gear an start ordering an getting stuff made for this year

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
I would love to get near my shed. Been living away from home most nights in motels for the last few months. Then when I get home I feel guilty working on lights.
Need to make more pin-wheels and candles and mini trees and finish my mega tree support frame and star then all the power boxes and wiring, then you say ...... ONLY 16 SATURDAYS LEFT :'( :'( :'( :'(

Attachments

• Denial.docx
    57.9 KB · Views: 22

DanJ

Full time elf
I have chipped away at different stuff I need to do this year, mostly putting PCBs together. That has been kind of an adventure for me because I have never soldered before. I have one Bethlehem star to cutout and put lights on, then I need to gather up all the pieces for a mega tree (my first). So don't feel alone!

Oh yeah, I still need to learn how to sequence in HLS; just haven't made time to learn that....

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
For us, we do the 1st Dec turn on...so that makes 72 days to go.. Have to start to get amongst it soon. One the best times if the year.. Can't wait.. :)