Null pixels - 2811 5050 module

gerry

Senior elf
Hello,

I have a 1 * 20 WS2811 5050 RGB module string (which I won at the mini). Can I cut this and use each individual module as a null pixel ?

The module at each end has 4 wires and from what I can see GND and DI are connected together at the first module. It also has a separate GND and 12V wire.
However the other modules (other than the end ones) only have three wires ie 12V , DI/DO and GND in the daisy chain.

Other than this , everything else I have are 12V 2811 Pixel strips only and I certainly wont be able to cut and solder those as null pixels !

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4107.JPG
    IMG_4107.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 12

Habbosrus

Back again
Well you can cut and use strip as null pixels if you wish. Yes, you can cut and use modules which are much easier for obvious reasons. Just connect them up as you would your strip. None of my modules have had the fourth wire on them.

gerry

Senior elf
thanks Habbosrus.

The fact that the first and last have 4 wires (and that the GND is connected to the data - if I am reading that correct - I posted a picture) gave me the impression that this 'connection' would then be carried through to the others and that if I cut each one up , then the middle 18 really ended up being different.

gerry

Senior elf
Hi,
Shell replied via chat (many thanks). Am posting here in case it should help others:
"that single blue GND wire is for power injection, you dont have to use it "
"The data/gnd wire goes to controller, as does the +ve "