Nutcracker 3.12 released. Many new options for text

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Well Dave Pitts has done it again. We had a discussion on Saturday. I told him what i needed in text, he has now released a new text engine.

http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases/xLights_Nutcracker_3_0_12.exe

Here are the changes
1) There are two tabs, one for each line of text.
2) You can now have each line of text
a) have a separate direction
b) a different font
c) a different color
3) Two new direction choices.
"vertical text up:, "vertical text down". This means stacking your letters from a line of text on top of each other without rotating the text. This
was an effect requested. I need this for my sons memorial show in 2 days.
4) Changes the Top, Left 2 slider bars into a single Position Slider

3.0.12_new_text_features.gif

I made a 5 minute video describing the new effect, https://vimeo.com/67037503

Dave left out the separate color per line. This is a one line change in the code. I felt useful,
"I am helping". I called Dave and told him i added an extra feature to his release.
I felt good until Dave told me he left it for me to find.

Thanks Dave! Awesome work, as always

sean

Habbosrus

Back again
I have tried to create a number of "text" effects but none work in HLS. All of my effects worked in 3.0.11 but no "text" effects are working in 3.0.12. I tried to re-download & re-install just in case there was something wrong with the original download but the same thing happened. Nothing displays when the text effect is supposed to show when played back in HLS. I tried a couple of other effects (spiral, butterfly, etc) and all worked fine. I reverted back to 3.0.11 and text effects (and all others) work fine.
I can see my effects in Nutcracker/Xlights and they look great. They just won't play in HLS.
Has anybody else experienced any issues?

dpitts

Apprentice elf
Habbosrus said:
I have tried to create a number of "text" effects but none work in HLS. All of my effects worked in 3.0.11 but no "text" effects are working in 3.0.12. I tried to re-download & re-install just in case there was something wrong with the original download but the same thing happened. Nothing displays when the text effect is supposed to show when played back in HLS. I tried a couple of other effects (spiral, butterfly, etc) and all worked fine. I reverted back to 3.0.11 and text effects (and all others) work fine.
I can see my effects in Nutcracker/Xlights and they look great. They just won't play in HLS.
Has anybody else experienced any issues?
think I may have found the problem. Update coming.

Habbosrus

Back again
Thanks Dave/Sean, awesome stuff. The text effects look fantastic in Nutcracker/Xlights. Lookin' forward to using them.
Cheers

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Habbosrus said:
Thanks Dave/Sean, awesome stuff. The text effects look fantastic in Nutcracker/Xlights. Lookin' forward to using them.
Cheers
Dave fixed the issue for the export of the text effect.

I updated the 3.0.12 release. Just download 3.0.12 again and override the old install. It should export now. Dave found that adding the two tabs in an effect requires that we pass some extra parameters between modules that we were unaware of.

it should be good to go now.

thanks dave!

sean

Habbosrus

Back again
Fantastic! Thanks Dave/Sean. Will d/l, install and give it a run shortly. I currently have a couple of songs that I am sequencing that this will fit perfectly. I will then go back to a couple of others and change the text orientation on those as well. Great news. Thanks again.