Nutcracker flickering issues

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
When I try to output to lights in nutcracker, the lights flicker while the effect plays. I have 2 682 controllers and they play fine within LOR. The universes and channels are set up right. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
jcmarksafb said:
When I try to output to lights in nutcracker, the lights flicker while the effect plays. I have 2 682 controllers and they play fine within LOR. The universes and channels are set up right. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

This will probably fall more into Matt's court than mine. Matt wrote all teh device drivers and such.
This last year i had 24 universes and 12,000 channels of RGB (around 4000 RGB nodes). I did not have flickering on my display. I had 3 16 port hubs from DLA.

What is the timing grid in LOR. I have you loaded up the lms or lcb file from xLights and played it in LOR and there is no flicker?

Remember in xLights, all sequences will be 50ms. This is an internal design that Matt set.

thanks

jcmarksafb

I have some sequences in LOR that run fine. The timings are anywhere from .04 to .50 .. no flickering when playing back. I haven't put any nutcracker sequences into LOR yet. I am talking about even testing the lights while in nutcracker, they flash anywhere from .5 sec to .05 sec. Like I say, I am just trying to watch the different effects inside the nutcracker/xlights program itself. I hope I have made some kind of sense. Thanks again.

jcmarksafb

FOUND THE PROBLEM! When you are in nutcracker and want to see your lights, unload light 0 rama from the system tray. They don't play well together. Thanks for all the help, and hopefully this will help someone in the future.

ptone

New elf
This is going to be an issue with any two programs that are sending E1.31 to the same universes with any kind of "keep alive" functionality. Basically one program is sending the >0 channel values, while the other program is sending all 0 data.

The controller is correctly responding to both programs.

-P