Ok.. How to get strip hanging from my roofline.

caffeine

Full time elf
I have a crap house for framing. Front is brick, 6 metres high at the top, slopes down left and right so no gutters at the front and trees in the way of ladder access. Doesn't help that I'm afraid of heights.
Finally got someone to help last night. They have put large cup hooks, 2 at the top, then 4 more down each side at 1m intervals.

Now I need to work out how to support and hang strip along that line using those books.

Any ideas?

mborg10

Michael Borg
Can you tension a steel cable between between hooks with a turnbuckle at the end to tighten and attach the strip to this.
You said no ladder access but what about cherry picker. You can hire one that hooks onto your car, like a trailer for about $300

caffeine

Full time elf
Yeah, that's what he did last night. Don't know if I can get anyone back up there this year... I can't do it, I freak out at the best of times, 6 metres up... No way.

Thinking combining what I have with your idea. Grab the conduit, attach the strip, create Hooks/loop every metre then lift up onto the cup hooks.

caffeine

Full time elf
Well, got it to work I think.

25mm conduit, cable tied strip. Drilled some holes and threaded cable ties through in a loop, hung over cup hooks that had been screwed into the face board of the roof.

1 hook and cable tie held the entire weight while putting it up so hopefully 5 should be fine for the season.

Bit fiddly but raised and lowered from the ground, which is awesome.

Thanks!