Ola and merry preparations for a wonderful Christmas

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
Hi my name is Charl and I am an addict (to Christmas light shows that is :) ).
Started my first show last year with exclusively LOR equipment (12xCCR, 10xDC controllers and 2xAC controllers) and had a blast. Decided to upgrade the show a bit for this year so I added another 12xCCR and 3 J1sys P12R controllers (2 for pixel trees and 1 for other items to be determined).
Seen this forum many times before and decided it is time to join to learn from all the people who have been doing this a lot longer than I and possibly share some of my experiences and lessons learned.

Kind regards

Charl Marais

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL Charles. By the sounds of it you have a display that we should be seeing photos/video of.
Hopefully now that you've joined ACL you'll discover that there are cheaper options than the CCRs and the LOR boards. The P12's are a great start on your way to going the cheaper route so that you can get more blinky lights for your dollars.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome58.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, what you have is what we call the CLAP..................... Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem and we all pretty much suffer from it here, so feel free to join in and ask questions

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Charl

Lots of very friendly folks to talk with here.
From your post, sounds like you sound be lighting up all of southern Africa. :)
Need to see video or it didn't happen. :D :D :D

Glad to see ya join the ranks. Jump into chat sometime, most always someone there. ;)