One of the new guys! Ohio, USA

larryk5

New elf
Hello all:
I've got one year under my belt using LOR software and controllers. As many have discovered there is this thing called DMX / Dumb and Smart pixels, which has really peaked my interest in using them.
Everyone said this was the place to get the information when dealing with this stuff! So I can't wait to get these lights dancing!
Thanks,
Larry :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, im sure you will find all the info you need to deal with RGB lighting. A good place to start is with the ACL 101 lighting manual found here.
feel free to ask any questions and you should get most answers

Karob

Let there be Light!
Welcome to ACL Larry.
You are right this is the place to find out how to turn your standard LOR set up into the world of smart and dumb RGB.
Thanks to the guys here I turned 80 LOR channels into over 3000 channels of pixels, best thing to do is ask as many questions as you want.
Welcome aboard.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL! You are in for a lot of challenges and a lot of fun. I use LOR also and am learning new things every day. Have fun and stop by chat and say hi.
John

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Blickensderfer said:
Larry,

Welcome!!

What part of Ohio are you located. I'm in Ohio about 2hrs south of Cleveland and 2hrs north of Columbus.

Dan
You must be in some kind of space-time continuum because the last time I drove 2 hours south from Cleveland I was in Columbus and the last time I drove 2 hours north from Columbus I was in Cleveland! :D

...but then again, I've been told that I drive pretty fast... enough to rip the space-time continuum into pieces!

Greetings from a fellow Ohio-an, who got sick of putting up his Christmas lights in the cold so he moved to Florida.

larryk5

New elf
nutz4lights said:
Blickensderfer said:
Larry,

Welcome!!

What part of Ohio are you located. I'm in Ohio about 2hrs south of Cleveland and 2hrs north of Columbus.

Dan
You must be in some kind of space-time continuum because the last time I drove 2 hours south from Cleveland I was in Columbus and the last time I drove 2 hours north from Columbus I was in Cleveland! :D

...but then again, I've been told that I drive pretty fast... enough to rip the space-time continuum into pieces!

Greetings from a fellow Ohio-an, who got sick of putting up his Christmas lights in the cold so he moved to Florida.
I was kind of thinking the same thing! I've drove that path a lot. I live in Fairfield, which is a suburb of Cincinnati, very close to Dayton. Anyway south of you all! My Mother lives in the Cleveland area so I visit a lot.
I meet more people from Ohio on a Aussie Forum, go figure! :)

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Larry

Lots of very friendly people here will be glad to give you CLAP if you don't already have it.
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

I was living west of Hamilton in Millville until 3 weeks ago, hopefully in a month I will be in Shandon, a little further west but still in the Ross School District.
Your map pointer missed your house, needs to move a little bit north-east. :D :D :D

The AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great reading resource. There is also the WIKI which has even more info. Chat room for instant help is a great tool. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, people will gladly point you in the right direction.

fathead45

Fiedler Christmas
welcome to acl. another ohioian here. im up by lima but travel alot to dayton and cincy. mostly stay in west chester. i always travel with pixels or other xmas stuff in hand b/c i sit in the hotel and work on it lol. Ask bird, he has seen my madness before lol.

larryk5

New elf
Bird:
Didn't realize how close you are to me! Maybe 10 to 15 minutes. ;)
Larry

Bird said:
Welcome.gif

to ACL Larry

Lots of very friendly people here will be glad to give you CLAP if you don't already have it.
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

I was living west of Hamilton in Millville until 3 weeks ago, hopefully in a month I will be in Shandon, a little further west but still in the Ross School District.
Your map pointer missed your house, needs to move a little bit north-east. :D :D :D

The AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great reading resource. There is also the WIKI which has even more info. Chat room for instant help is a great tool. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, people will gladly point you in the right direction.