Outdoor enclosure

Discussion in 'Computers, Cabling & Other Miscellaneous Hardware' started by szoka, Jun 14, 2017.

1. szoka

szoka New Elf

2. David_AVD

David_AVD Good news, everyone!

Boxes like that can be very expensive, so that one is not too badly priced.

I use a couple of standard QLD electricity meter boxes which were on sale for about $120 at the time.

3. scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    I was lucky enough to find one like that at the local dump. it was a bit rusty and the hinges were seized, but with a little panel beating and a coat of paint it was as good as new, I already had a lock to go into it as I keep spares for another hobby of mine.
    And like David, I also have a couple of electrical meter boxes that I picked up dirt cheap from my steel supplier.

4. Giles1

Giles1 New Elf

I just picked up one of these Enclosures (http://www.everestcase.com/en/productsd.php?pid=197) and it seems to be OK (yes, from China). The cost of the box it's self was only around $35 US, but first off they wanted me to pay $95 US for delivery. :-(
    However, when I borked at that, they immediately dropped the delivery price to $55 US. Still a bit steep, but overall, not too bad.
    I've only just taken it out of the box and the enclosure it's self seems to be quite good. Nice and sturdy with plenty of room, plus it's lockable.
    PW017-photo.JPG
    PW017.JPG

5. OzAz

OzAz Full Time Elf

looks similar to the DSE Hi Box available from places like Switches Plus; theirs are about $70 - $120 for similar size box, postage around $20

Giles1 likes this.
  6. Doctor_007

Doctor_007 New Elf