Output problem

David_K

Full time elf
Hi Guys yet another problem with the lightshow from hell, all tests seem to run fine test pattern in j1 sys and da-1.31 work fine. As soon as I iniate output two section of lights on the 2D mega tree come on green and flicker. They are on the first coloumn and the ninth coloumn at the same place row wise five pixels on each coloumn, as soon as you deselect the output they go out. I have been over my numbers a thousand times all adds up. I have unistalled LSP I have reset the controller a ECG_P2 I am out of ideas. Any input apreciated.

David_K

Full time elf
Hi eddy please find images attached.

Attachments

• output1.png
    output1.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 29
  • output2.jpg
    output2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 28
  • output3.jpg
    output3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 25

David_K

Full time elf
Sorry Eddy i forgot to mention the software.....LightShow Pro

dale82

Senior elf
jump into chat and give me your Teamviewer details and I will have a look and make sure that there isn't something you have missed

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Have you shut down all other programs before trying to output to the tree. Any sequencing / testing software will corrupt the data & you will end up getting a flicker.

David_K

Full time elf
No I never gave that a thought Doug I do have the jsys still opened in the browser. I will just try it and if I have no luck I will find this teamviewr software and download it thank you for your help guys.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
From my failing memory

Dont the subsequent universes in a P2 have to be sequencial, so you cant use part universes for additional universes on an output, I may be wrong here though

I would tend to think you set the universe up to use 510 channels then move to the next universe and then in LSP you allocate the appropriate channel range to suit that universe range for your elements

David_K

Full time elf
Thanks for all your input guys, Dougs suggestion has solved the problem as soon as I closed the browser that I had j1sys opened in they went out. Thank You Doug!!!!

Im afraid you lost me a little Eddy, the only thing I can tell you is that we have run the sequence with these settings and all was good out of this particular controller if that helps any.

I still have a null problem with the other controller that I have posted on the forum.

I would be really interested to know what hardware you guys use as I purchased these controllers two years ago and never got to use them last year due to my Mother passing away in December. Someone mention pixlite I think it was I would like to hear anyones opinion about controllers and what you guys use these days.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
David_K said:
Thanks for all your input guys, Dougs suggestion has solved the problem as soon as I closed the browser that I had j1sys opened in they went out. Thank You Doug!!!!
Glad it was something simple

David_K said:
Im afraid you lost me a little Eddy, the only thing I can tell you is that we have run the sequence with these settings and all was good out of this particular controller if that helps any.
I still have a null problem with the other controller that I have posted on the forum.
Dont worry as i said i wasnt sure because its been 2 years since i used the P2

David_K said:
I would be really interested to know what hardware you guys use as I purchased these controllers two years ago and never got to use them last year due to my Mother passing away in December. Someone mention pixlite I think it was I would like to hear anyones opinion about controllers and what you guys use these days.
I now use all Minleon controllers but thats understandable for me and a bit more plug and play saves me a lot more time

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I have 2 x p12s and 3 x P2s. All working well (although the gale force winds, and torrential rain has stopped me for a few days). I do have a pixlite 4 but haven't learnt to use this yet.

Eddy, you can use part of a universe for the P2 before moving onto the next one. I have mine setup that way without problems. Your idea maybe more data efficient but i did it that way becasue it was easier to get my head around how my strip light on the roof was setup.

David_K

Full time elf
Thanks for the feed back guys really appreciate it. On the downside the green light problem is back and everything allother software is closed.Whatever is causing this is doing it to both controllers as two pixels on one of my stars is doing the same thing only it has two lights flashing green.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
If it's an intermittent problem I'd always look to lack of power as the 1st thing that might be causing the issue. I'd be pumping data at it with da_e131 and see if fading to all white causes flickering, latchups, pinkness or any of the bad things which are usually caused by lack of volts.