P12R now not working

Madko

Full time elf
Hey guys,

I have been successfully working on my lights. Last night I transferred my hardward into a cupboard and then retested and now I'm not getting any output to my lights from my controller. I'm using HLS and some times when I set the output I get the below error but not all the time. Computer talks to the controller but still no output. Can anyone help.
Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 28

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'm just guessing but you haven't got a dodgy connection between pc and P12 do you. I would expect that you'd have a led on the P12 ethernet plug. You haven't changed any hardware at all have you? A different pc or router may generate the error.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
is the controller connecting through a hub, or direct connections?

Have you changed the modem or router you are connecting through?

Does the controller still show the test patterns?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Im not sure where he got with this but in chat he wasnt even able to get the lights to work in test mode but the controller had a heart beat and the fuses were OK and he couldconnect to the web interface, so i suggested he look at his lights and wiring and alo try a different string and a different output.
But i never heard how he went, so I hope it was something simple and he is back up and going.

Madko

Full time elf
Hey Eddy, Thanks again for your help.
I still havent found the problem yet. Im at work now so will have to look at it another time (monday night)

Just an update on what i did,

I had it setup on a test bench, all working fine! Sychronised to music etc
Disconnected and re mounted into a cupboard.
Connected back up.
Difference was I used a modem/network switch between my computer through the switch to my P12R. I could still talk to my P12R through the switch as I connected to my P12R via the internet interface (10.10.10.10)

When I tried running output to my lights, I got nothing.
Took the switch out of the equation, so directly from PC to P12R and still no output. Im getting the Ethernet communication LED going (yellow flashing) so I know its talking. Everything is the same as if I had it on the test bench.

I switched over my lights to a different universe, changed to different set of lights, checked fuses, power supply but still no good. I then took the P12R off its mounting screws just incase I made a loose connection between the bottom board to the top but this didn’t help either.

Setting Dip 4, to initiate the test function but still no output. Set test function via 10.10.10.10 and still no output.

Over the weekend Ill make up a new test pixel so I can eliminate my lights.

However I have concerns it could be hardware (P12R) as the test function isn’t working on 2 different sets of known working lights.

Could it be a firmware issue? Or is this highly unlikely as it was working perfectly fine just prior to moving it to the cupboard.

Anyway hopefully a little hiccup as it was becoming very exciting, with the progress I was making. Was getting a good handle on things before this happened.

Cheers

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
If you can talk to P12 and test mode isn't working there are 3 possibilities that I would be looking at.
1) You've lost your power supply connection somewhere in the move
2) You've changed outputs on the P12
3) You have managed to make a change to the P12 that may be a change to the pixel type, change to the universe setting or enabling an output

Madko

Full time elf
Hey guys,

A little more info into my problem. More testing has now revelled that universes 1-6 ( right bank) has no output during the test function ( dip 4) where universe 7-12 (left bank) all output test functions are working.

I have check visually that the ribbon cable between top and bottom board is connected. I checked to see if the pixel type within Internet interface are the same and they are. All setup valves seem to look ok.

I connected a second power supply up to P00 as well as P13 just in case of a power supply issue and this didn't work.

I'm out of ideas? Thoughts?

Cheers

Madko

Full time elf
Also this is all happening without the controller connected to my computer so the controller isn't getting any E1.31 data influence.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Output 1 to 6 is only power to the board outputs. I wonder if you connect power directly to the strip like with a P2 if you then get output 1 to 6 to work.
If this is the case then i would be closely looking at P00 and also check with a volt meter that you have +V at both the outputs and at P00

Madko

Full time elf
Another step into my P12R dilemma!
At P00 terminal I have my power supply of 12v. At each 1-6 universe output I'm also getting my supply voltage of 12v.
I seem to be missing my data transfer which activates the lights (2811 data)

Ill need to look at the Internet interface for my P12R at my settings again but they seemed ok

Attached are some photos of my settings

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 1

Madko

Full time elf
Here are the remaining settings

Any help would be great. Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 4

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
What seems weird is from memory that the P12R uses 3 controllers split up over 12 outputs so that is 4 outputs per controller, So to have only 1/2 working doesnt seem to make sense (thats if it is 3 controllers and not 4 over the 12 outputs)

Madko

Full time elf
The output config you are referring to, is this within my HLS sequence program or within the P12R Internet interface?

Madko

Full time elf
Sorry but the output config page is the first photo, isn't it?
Also sorry about the upside photos ( iPad doing silly things or maybe operator error)