PC Swap

RevRob

New elf
Hello,
I have been using an older dell laptop to run my shows. It has worked great until I added a 16 string mega tree last year. I noticed during the christmas show that there were 3 & 4 min in between some songs. I had people drive off thinking the show was over. I decided to use a new laptop this year. I am running LOR S4 advanced software. I am using 3 lor controllers, 1 lor cmb24, 1 pixlite 16, 1 alpha pix 4 & 1 alpha pix 16. I also have a network switch. The lor is connected to the usb port. I have the network switch plugged into the ethernet port like the other laptop. I went into LOR network setup and set it up the exact same as the previous laptop. I also gave the laptop a static ip just like the other laptop. I am also able to go into the command prompt and ping all my controllers just fine but when I play a sequence only the lor lights come on and no pixels will work. if I plug the old laptop back in everything plays fine? I am sure I am missing something stupid. It has been 2 years since I set up the old laptop so I am sure I am missing something?

Thank you,
Robin

livetoride

Full time elf
Sounds like settings issues as im sure your aware. If LOR works thats only due to it being in the usb. Are the controllers setup in LOR correct? Im not familiar with it so i cant give too good of advice. Have you checked that your LOR and Pixilite settings are exactly the same?

Have you also used the pixlite 16 advatek assistant and then Alphapix Web Interface?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I cant remember from the top of my head but sounds like something is not on that needs to be on,
comm listener keeps ringing a bell for me

Do a search on the forums as I know this issue has come up before, hopefully some of the LOR faithful may chime in