Permission to use xLights images in assignment

christmasdave

Full time elf
Bit of a weird one that I couldn't find specifically covered in the GNU General Public Licence, although I think it may be covered (some language I just couldn't understand) and I just wanted to double check.

I am completing an assignment based on User-Centred Design and we have been asked to choose an application to perform an analysis and a short survey on. I want to choose xLights but just want to check it is OK to use images of the program in the report? (obviously referencing appropriately). Is there an email contact I can get permission from?

I don't have an account at https://nutcracker123.com/forum/ but if needed I can create and ask there if that is better suited for this query.

Thanks!

keithsw1111

Senior elf
There is no need to ask. You aren’t using it for commercial gain.
Would be interested to see the results. Particularly if you have ideas about how some of the challenges could be resolved.

christmasdave

Full time elf
There is no need to ask. You aren’t using it for commercial gain.
Would be interested to see the results. Particularly if you have ideas about how some of the challenges could be resolved.

Awesome. Thanks Keith.
Are there any particular challenges that you would suggest concentrating on?

I'll also be creating a short survey that I will post in the forums here to help with the report too. Things I have to specifically concentrate on are:
- Who are the intended users?
- What were the main tasks that the users are expected to accomplish?
- Analyse the application based on user interface guidelines such as Krug’s or Nielsen’s usability guidelines.