PEX tubing $10 per length

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I have got onto 2 suppliers of white translucent PEX tubing as used in leaping arches in the U.S. Only 1 can give me access to lengths rather than rolls. The link below shows what PEX tubing looks like. As the tubing isn't legal in it's translucent form to be used for water like it is in the US it's somewhat harder to come by and I'm looking at getting a batch or batches brought in and getting shipped to the sites of the 3 minis if there is enough/any interest. It will probably be a day or 2 before I get a price back on how much it costs so currently I'm purely after any interest. I have tentatively told the supplier that 100 lengths of 4m x 25mm is what I'm interested in.
It looks like 1" PEX can be sourced pretty easily in the US for around $1/m so I'm hoping it's not a huge amount different to that although freight to Aus is probably a fair component of the cost.

! No longer available

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
Re: PEX tubing for the 2016 minis

if its the right price i would be interested in a few lengths to alan thanks

darylc

404 darylc not found

I am also interested

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator

possibly interested, just 4 lengths. Cheers

livetoride

Full time elf

Put me down for 5 at this stage, as with the others ill wait for shipping!!

Kitman

Full time elf

I would also like to get some possibly 4 or 5 lengths, depends on shipping cost, even if I can't use them this year there is always next year.

AAH

I got an email back today asking if 6m lengths would be suitable. As this length pretty much has to be transported via truck rather than car/ute I replied that 4m would be best with 5m if at a pinch. I imagine 6m is preferred for shipping as it makes better use of a 20 ft shipping container.

B_P_J

Full time elf

I am keen to see pricing.... I have wanted to try and get some but as you said... its hard to get, 6m is pretty cool, lol, we can cut them to 3m or any size we want, or even make some giant arches, lol,
If you can source them Alan I think 100 might not be enough looking at every ones interest so far,
Oh and with the dollar going backup, good timing, lol ;) keep going up dollar... go back to par...

msherratt

New elf

I would definitely be interested. Depending on final price and shipping costs I would be interested in up to 10 lengths of 4m.

AAH

Expecting to get pricing tomorrow :)

AAH

Re: PEX tubing for the 2016 minis. $10 per length

$10 per 4m length based on 100 lengths delivered to mini site.
6 week delivery and it would need to be 100 lengths or more at any mini that wanted access to the PEX at this time.
I will create a table with the interest at each of the minis on the first post shortly so if you are interested post a "mini" and a qty. This is interest only currently, not a commitment to buy.