Pi Zero won't connect to wifi

annie

New elf
I knew better, but did it anyway. My pi zero was connecting to wifi and I could access through FPP without a problem for a year in FPPD mode Player (Remote), but today, while looking for another option, I dropped FPPD mode to Player (Standalone). Even though I quickly changed it back, once I restarted my Pi, it no longer connects to wifi. Can anyone tell me how to get it connected again, please?

Dreamin

Full time elf
Do you see a wifi network called FPP? usually if it can't connect it defaults to tethered mode, you can connect to it manually and restore the previous wifi network connection.
SSID is FPP, and the password is defaulted as Christmas I think.

annie

New elf
Do you see a wifi network called FPP? usually if it can't connect it defaults to tethered mode, you can connect to it manually and restore the previous wifi network connection.
SSID is FPP, and the password is defaulted as Christmas I think.
No, so far I do not (from my laptop). I'll keep checking with other devices though. Thank you for the suggestion.

Dreamin

Full time elf
Well it will be connected then and just changed IP if you didn't give it a static one. Modems usually only hold the IP for 24 hours. I use this free program to scan my network and it finds all the devices connected https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ Just run it and press scan and it will show as FPP in the list with a IP if it's connected. Let us know how you go.

annie

New elf
Thank you again, for trying to help me!

I was never able to find the original card connected either though my network, fing or advanced ip scanner. I spent all day yesterday trying to figure it out. I found some videos explaining how to use putty to add wifi settings back in, but ran into an issue where my SD card is locked for writing. After spending time trying to unlock, I came to the conclusion that maybe it's a bad SD card. So, I got a new card and decided to start from scratch. I successfully loaded FPP and have the new card up and running in the pi zero, but now my issue is that I didn't take screenshots of the settings, so while I'm connected, I can't get my lights to turn on. (This is a led strip tree and I'm sure I'm missing something basic in it's settings.)

I went back to the old SD card, sure all my experience yesterday had turned me into a genius, but I'm still having no luck. I hooked up a monitor and am getting this script when starting the pizero with the old sd card. While I don't care if I ever use this sd card again, I'm hoping there's a way to get the light's setting from it - either to copy to the new card, or even just get screen shots so I know how to set up the strings or gpio or whatever it is that I'm currently missing.

Is there a way to tell from this image if I'd be able to retrieve my old info?

Attachments

• IMG_4971.jpg
    IMG_4971.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

Dreamin

Full time elf
To be honest it will pull all the old issues over to the new so I wouldn't go there. Just start from scratch, yeah I know it's painful. Maybe see if someone in the zoom room would help you? Have it set up and turned on and they can configure it with you and test the lights.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Is there a way to tell from this image if I'd be able to retrieve my old info?
I had this on my FPP pi the other day, sorry card is dead.
With mine I tried imaging it again but the PC says the card is locked no matter what I tried to do, threw it in the bin and started from new.
Like @Dreamin said see if you can get someone in a zoom room to help you set up the new card advise get there lights running.

annie

New elf
THank you both, I bit the bullet and started from scratch. Zoom Room was super helpful, and hopefully I'm now ready to go. :)