Pixel Matrix Over an Old Garage Door

corfoto4

Apprentice elf
Hi all,

I am beginning to plan out a large led matrix on my garage front door. However, I still would like car access. So the door has to be able to be lifted up and so must the lights.

The garage door is old and is a single panel that lifts up. So it sticks out on an angle when moving into the open and closed positions. My original thoughts were to have hooks inside the garage to hook the matrices up and allow cars to drive through. But the matrices must hang down when closing the door. Then the matrices would be in the way of the door closing or opening because the door sticks out at an angle as mentioned before. Does anyone have any ideas or tested solutions to overcome this problem?

There is no room to mount the matrices to the door nor would it be possible to lift the door with the added weight.

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
@Danielr made a garage matrix using Boscoyo mesh attached to a Bunnings temp fencing and placed this in front of the garage and opened and closed to get cars in and out.

byhova

New elf
@Danielr made a garage matrix using Boscoyo mesh attached to a Bunnings temp fencing and placed this in front of the garage and opened and closed to get cars in and out.

@LawrenceDriveLights

Could you post a couple pictures what it looks like? I bought the Boscoyo Ultimatrix for Garage Doors and I am also trying to figure out how to mount/use this and still be able to use my garage doors.

Danielr

Lights On Botanical
Generous elf