Pixel Module Tree 170 Pixels per strand connection

zoobmarine

New elf
Hi, Well, Im putting a lot of effort this year to build a Mega Tree, Tree will me with 12mm pixel module and Im drilling a bunch of holes, It will be 9 strands of 170 pixels per strand, each pixel with a 1/2 inch separation, one universe per strand, I have maybe a dumb question, How would you connect it so It would be easy to create the sequence, from bottom to top, and then on top you start the next universe? Or all universe from bottom? Thanks

ShellNZ

Senior elf
All univ starting from bottom you will have cables on the ground, all universes on the top they could be ziptied to the pole. Just a thought.

zoobmarine

New elf
Thanks shell, the question was if I go bottom, then up, then bottom? or all from the bottom?

ShellNZ

Senior elf
You said all univ from bottom, I was just mentioning the benefits of starting all universes from top?

My tree is up/down, 3 strings of 25 per P12 output.

I dont think it really matters personally which way you do it, its all configurable in LSP, done it when I was using LSP.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
I have 12 sets of 300 on my mega tree. 2 strips of 150 starting at bottom, joined at the top and finishing again at the bottom in an inverted "V".
Allows easy power injection at the ends. Your controller must be able to control at least 2 universes per output to do that though.