Pixel mounting

Jandrews755

New elf
Hi just after some ideas on mounting pixels around this window. It's a aluminium window with a weatherboard surround but I'd prefer to mount to the weatherboard as little as possible just wondering if anyone else has come up against this problem. Any ideas would be much appreciated thanks

Attachments

• 20210818_150909.jpg
    20210818_150909.jpg
    635.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210818_150920.jpg
    20210818_150920.jpg
    607 KB · Views: 50

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Are you looking to mount them permanently or temporarily? Does it actually need to be mounted to the window at all? some long runs of pvc tubing with lights wedged between the soffit and ground with cross members to just frame out the window painted to blend into the house might do for a temporary display.

Jandrews755

New elf
Are you looking to mount them permanently or temporarily? Does it actually need to be mounted to the window at all? some long runs of pvc tubing with lights wedged between the soffit and ground with cross members to just frame out the window painted to blend into the house might do for a temporary display.
Temporary would be fine. Not mounted to the window would be even better but I don't quite get what you mean sorry how would the pixels get attached? I guess I could frame out the window like you said and attach pixel mounting strip to the pvc?

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
lot's of ways, but suggest that framing the window with something that the pixel mount solution then attaches to... the idea is that the frame can be attached discretely top and bottom to the weatherboard with say 4 screws that could be easy to patch afterwards... the frame then can be used with zips/screws/pipe whatever that holds the pixels up

Reactions: AAH

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
As AussiePhil said, it depends on the types of lights you want to use. for pvc a lot of people drill 12mm holes and stick the pixels through them, or zip tie them on. You could either gor with some small pvc brackets to hang the frame with minimal screws or just make the left and right sides longer to reach the soffit and floor. PVC will slightly bend so you can get a firm fit with a little bowing.

You can 3d print pvc clips or some of the light suppliers sell them also.

pistolpete2020

New elf
As AussiePhil said, it depends on the types of lights you want to use. for pvc a lot of people drill 12mm holes and stick the pixels through them, or zip tie them on. You could either gor with some small pvc brackets to hang the frame with minimal screws or just make the left and right sides longer to reach the soffit and floor. PVC will slightly bend so you can get a firm fit with a little bowing.

You can 3d print pvc clips or some of the light suppliers sell them also.
what size pvc pipe would people use. and ow far apart do most people drll the 12mm holes ? cheers

Adsy

Full time elf
what size pvc pipe would people use. and ow far apart do most people drll the 12mm holes ? cheers
The preferred standard is 25mm electrical conduit or if you want white 20mm communications conduit which is actually about 27mm.
when it comes to window frames it could be in the 40-70mm range but i guess you really want an even spacing to suit the window dimensions