Pixels going wrong direction

Adam V

Apprentice elf
im sure this is super simple but i have had zero luck. my LH icicles go in the wrong direction and i cant figure it out. should be going right but go left🤯

Attachments

• 2022-11-14 (1).png
    2022-11-14 (1).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 2022-11-14.png
    2022-11-14.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 15

Adam V

Apprentice elf
Where are they plugged into the controller? If at the green square, change the "starting location" to "green square".
In the render they are going in the wrong direction. Selected starting blue. Haven’t done the field test yet

Adam V

Apprentice elf
rendered all. some start from green (i wouldnt thing that would matter) to reduce cable lenght. effect is fill direction left. COming form a group model (house outlines)

Ok it apprears the others start from green square. Does this mean i need to re push all my icicles on that line o_O and extend my leads to the green side! that would suck

merryoncherry

Senior elf
If you want all the effects to be consistent you'd want the green square on the left for them all.
This doesn't change your wiring options. You can tell xLights that the icicles / lines are connected at the blue square and it'll be fine.
I have house verticals connected from a mix of top and bottom, everything is fine, but the green square is always on the same end.

Adam V

Apprentice elf
If you want all the effects to be consistent you'd want the green square on the left for them all.
This doesn't change your wiring options. You can tell xLights that the icicles / lines are connected at the blue square and it'll be fine.
I have house verticals connected from a mix of top and bottom, everything is fine, but the green square is always on the same end.
yes all green to the left

merryoncherry

Senior elf
OK, so all the green squares are on the left.
(In your picture you had the one that had green square on left fill from left and the color is on the left, so I would have thought that one correct... did you change the rest to match or were they always green on the left?)
And then rerendered everything?

The other thing to check is the Render Style under Buffer on Layer Settings, this will affect how the group is treated.

Adam V

Apprentice elf
yes all green were to the left. Side note i picked up 2 of my arches were the worng way around, thank you :) they look alot better.
render style is set to 'per model single line' sounds rihgt? (this sequence it imported from RGB sequences) Im still super new still to custom sequencing

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Not seeing the reason, but someone able to play around over video chat could probably handle it quite quickly, or if you package up a zip of the sequence and layout someone could look at that pretty quickly too.

Adam V

Apprentice elf
Not seeing the reason, but someone able to play around over video chat could probably handle it quite quickly, or if you package up a zip of the sequence and layout someone could look at that pretty quickly too.
yeah ok cheers mate. might try zoom one arvo

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
but the green square is always on the same end.
Not always, depends on how you drew the start and end of the model. My 'Ridge Hips' (single string) at either end of the verandah run in different directions but both start at either the green or blue square
im sure this is super simple but i have had zero luck. my LH icicles go in the wrong direction and i cant figure it out. should be going right but go left🤯
Make sure you haven't got 'reverse' checked on the string properties, the green or blue square indicate where you have the 'data in' connected

Adam V

Apprentice elf
Not always, depends on how you drew the start and end of the model. My 'Ridge Hips' (single string) at either end of the verandah run in different directions but both start at either the green or blue square

Make sure you haven't got 'reverse' checked on the string properties, the green or blue square indicate where you have the 'data in' connected
Connected to blue i cant see the reverse option

Screenshot 2022-11-15 07.41.17.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-15 07.41.17.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-15 07.41.17.png
    961.8 KB · Views: 1