Pixels on singing tree ON

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Seem to have a problem, 2 singing trees when power is turned on they both light up in selection of colours, have disconnected data lead still the pixels are on, cycled the power supply still came on. I am thinking that there is a wiring problem in the jumper leads in the tree, but both trees ?. Note when playing sequence they do not display correctly. Any suggestions before I "operate"

Burto

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Check your controller settings for the trees. While setting up some props on the weekend I noticed same thing on 1x prop but I knew I hadn't set them up yet in the controller as yet. Once I did that all was good, just a flicker as the controller boots.

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Thanks, but the controller is out of the mix, I have 2 trees connected to power supply and both have all pixels on, there is no data lead connected.
thanks for the reply.

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Yea, checked the voltage at the 3 injection points all 12.0 volts so plenty of juice. Where's Ben Casey one for us old guys

franky_888

Full time elf
Thanks, but the controller is out of the mix, I have 2 trees connected to power supply and both have all pixels on, there is no data lead connected.
Pixels can do weird things when there's no data connected.

You might find that once you have your controller configured properly and the data line connected, when the controller turns on they should behave.

Note when playing sequence they do not display correctly. Any suggestions before I "operate"
Start simple and work your way up from there.

1. Have you got the correct number of nodes configured?
2. Do you have the right model (assuming you're using xlights?)
3. Do you have the model mapped to the controller ports?
4. Have you uploaded the outputs to your controller?
5. Have you rendered and saved your sequence (particularly if you've rearranged ports)?

You can use Tools > Test > Models in xlights to make sure the correct nodes are lighting up. If they're not then it sounds like you have a miscount of nodes or a mis-configuration somewhere

Preempting another question, are you using xschedule or fpp to play your sequence?

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Thanks for the response;
Yes have correct number of nodes
Yes Christmas tree left and christmas tree right
Yes port 17
Have uploaded inputs and outputs
Yes have rendered and saved sequence and uploaded FSQ file to xSchedule
Have been using Tools>Test> models to test all models

Situation is now the trees are back in shed up the back, today have made new data lead, reconfigured "power" injection from 3 points to 6; ie at node 1 then node 120 then node 229 then node 120 on second tree and at the end of the second tree.
On Tools Test nodes flash, others dont light at all.
Time to give it away
Thanks
Burto

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Thanks BAZMick,
New day today, redid face definitions, sub models for the 2 trees, then went through each sequence and applied todays face definitions and sub models in each sequence ie checked that the tree was in fact Boscoyo Chromachristmas tree left /right bulk edited on all effects and played each sequence, happy days all worked perfectly; winner.
Picked up both props ,wiring and power lead and assembled in yard,.
Started playing sequences "show" tonight the singing trees were on song all good doing what was expected.
THEN on the third replay of the "show" about 1.5 hrs in; the trees started their their own thing, eg outline supposed to be green was half green and half red eg approx 1-50 green others red, eyes open half white rest red/blue, mouth positions various colours not what was in palette. General twinkle of random colours over whole model. Obviously nothing was changed in regard to face definition/sub models; palette etc
Turned it off.
Thinking could it be a faulty pixel subject to heat or a faulty power supply which has a temperature sensistive fault.
Leaning this way; but not sure using Chinese 360W12v power supply, drawing 4 amps for spiral trees and 13amps for trees so below the 80% draw figure suggested. Have checked voltage at model's 5 power injection points all 11.9 volts; but this was cold
Will try another power supply tomorrow on extended run of sequence.