Pixels stopping 2/3 along the string

Adam V

Apprentice elf
Hi guys,
My first year! Installing and testing atm.
Run into my first problem, I have a 3 100 pixels 12v WS2811 joined no more than 1.5 between pixels , power injected every 100 pixels. In test mode through the controller the last string it only lights up 2/3 of the sting when I plug in the pixel tester everything works. (The roof gable is on another port). I have also changed ports no luck.
Cheers

Attachments

• 81AE9478-CF7F-4E0B-BA21-1F5DA16F5120.jpeg
    81AE9478-CF7F-4E0B-BA21-1F5DA16F5120.jpeg
    505.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
What controller? Would you say it stopped at pixel 70 on that string?

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
Hey Adam,

What controller are you using and what sequencer?
Perhaps grab some screen captures of the controller config, your model config in the sequencer and the port layout tab.

It sounds like your string has more pixels than have been configured through the controller setup.

Adam V

Apprentice elf
Hey Adam,

What controller are you using and what sequencer?
Perhaps grab some screen captures of the controller config, your model config in the sequencer and the port layout tab.

It sounds like your string has more pixels than have been configured through the controller setup.

thanks. I tested again and seemseven now with the pixel tester it stops in the same spot. Dead pixel? if so just change that one?
Running Falcon f16v3 with xlights. My LH gable is acting funny, bad earth?

View: https://youtu.be/LSD43uzP8tw

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Test all of your wiring first, make sure you have a good ground and above 10v at the end of the strings. Those with experience and wisdom (which I scored a C- for in the not so distant past) will tell you it is rare for a pixel to go dead in the middle of a string without obvious cause.

Adam V

Apprentice elf
Test all of your wiring first, make sure you have a good ground and above 10v at the end of the strings. Those with experience and wisdom (which I scored a C- for in the not so distant past) will tell you it is rare for a pixel to go dead in the middle of a string without obvious cause.
thanks ill test and check. I have injected power 100 pixels but cant hurt before i start chopping

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Have you had rain recently? Mine looked like that after a storm on Halloween. You can buy these air dusters from Bunnings or Jaycar. If you've had rain grab a can and go and blow out the connections. Or wait for a nice hot summers day to dry them out (tomorrow should be hot enough for us Aussies)

Dez

Fueled by Christmas - Inspired by You!
Might be a dead pixel. Be sure to replace the one before the dead one and test

Adam V

Apprentice elf
Have you had rain recently? Mine looked like that after a storm on Halloween. You can buy these air dusters from Bunnings or Jaycar. If you've had rain grab a can and go and blow out the connections. Or wait for a nice hot summers day to dry them out (tomorrow should be hot enough for us Aussies)
No rain only installed yesterday. Oh yeah it’s been scorching in south east Qld

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Whereabouts are you, south side of Brissy near Ipswich here. Tomorrow's gonna be just shy of 40C. Check your ground, got a bad connection there somewhere that's interfering with the data.

Adam V

Apprentice elf
Might be a dead pixel. Be sure to replace the one before the dead one and test
Replace the dead one and one before and now the ones I replaced are not working with the others on that line. Data in and out correct. 20 are lit after the power injection so power should not be an issue?

Attachments

• 012CC1BC-F1AB-452B-A349-E7936A3B20CD.jpeg
    012CC1BC-F1AB-452B-A349-E7936A3B20CD.jpeg
    958.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 5ABB0709-0158-4BAD-AFC4-1C961A73326B.jpeg
    5ABB0709-0158-4BAD-AFC4-1C961A73326B.jpeg
    780.2 KB · Views: 10

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Screenshot your controller string config and Xlights layout config please?

Adam V

Apprentice elf
Whereabouts are you, south side of Brissy near Ipswich here. Tomorrow's gonna be just shy of 40C. Check your ground, got a bad connection there somewhere that's interfering with the data.
A bit further north
a bit further north. Bundaberg. Will get the screen shot in 10