PixLite 16 Controller

ltay13

Full time elf
Community project designer
Introducing our PixLite 16 controller:

This pixel controller is like many of the other ones you will have seen, with the following major distinctions:

-Currently the most powerful and best value per pixel controller on the market
-Control up to 32 universes of sACN with up to 340 pixels on each of the 16 outputs
-Simple windows application automatically lists all controllers on the network (no need to remember IPs)
-Configuration happens through this application with an intuitive user interface rather than through a web browser
-Out of the box will connect to any network with a router immediately - or defaulting straight to it's factory IP if no router exists
-Has a simple "auto string addressing" feature if you are running all strings the same length or..
-Advanced settings allow individual string lengths, universe/channel address, reversing, zig zag, null pixels
-Simple gamma correction (on compatible chips)
-Very simple firmware upgrade procedure for making use of our regular feature upgrades

Currently supports the following chips:
-TLS3001
-SM16716
-WS2801
-WS2811/TM1804
-LPD6803
-MBI6020

New chip support can be added on demand.

The controller comes in a "DIY" form (PCB only, pluggable screw terminals for wiring your own lights), as well as a "Plug & Play" form. The P&P controller is designed for simple setup where our high quality light strings plug directly into a weatherproof control box with controller, power supply and pigtails all ready to go.

ltay13

Full time elf
USD $229.95 and currently in stock.
webpic_1.jpg

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
Show for this year is fixed at 22256 channels and I hope to have more than my current one song sequenced :-\ .
Have some big plans for next year though so will contact you in a week or so for two boards.
Now, to satisfy my stingy side do I get discount on 2 boards and large volume pixel orders or do I have to shop around at Ray for cheaper strings?
(Lets say batches of 1k or 5k or 10k pixels.)

Devo

Apprentice elf
If you are going to buy our strings, then you would probably be better off to get the "Plug and Play" version of the controller as it comes with pigtails ready to plug straight into our strings.
We do not offer a discount on only 2 controllers, however if you plan on purchasing 3k pixels or more with controllers then contact us and we can work out a quote for you (including a discount) based on your exact order.

neilric99

Full time elf
for the plug and play version which 3 or 4 pin waterproof outputs do you use (I run ws2801, and ws2811 ), hopefully the 15mm like Ray Wu's been supplying lately.

I also am going to be using the ws2811 white strobe pixels and I understand that you may be able to control them in the future?

Neil

ltay13

Full time elf
Charl:

Bear in mind that Ray Wu is always going to be noticeably cheaper - if all you are looking for is the cheapest option.

Due to the actual quality of the parts we use, our cost price when we manufacture thousands of strings is higher per string than you could go and buy a single one off Ray for now. So the margins we have to play with are not significant.

Neil:

I am yet to see if a Ray Wu string plugs in or not, but it does look like a very similar plug. This is what we use:

ip68-male-connector-8-pack.jpg

neilric99

Full time elf
do you have access to the Ray Wu plugs, if not I can send you a 3 pin and 4 pin to test. If they are compatible then I will buy a plug and play controller, otherwise I will have to look at other solutions as I already have around 100 strings with many 3 and 4 pin extensions around my display and will be looking for more for next year. I don't mind paying more for quality product.

$400 for a plug and play controller is reasonable as I know there is a lot of cost in putting a controller in a case, adding a power supply and connectors.

ltay13

Full time elf
The 3 pin ones definitely won't fit, we only use the 4 pin style for compatibility and just leave a pin disconnected on our Pixel strings that only use 3 wires. I'm getting a 4 pin Ray Wu pigtail to test with soon, will post here when I have results.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
You will find the Ray Wu black plugs will not work with the Ray Wu white plugs as the black are 15mm and the white are 13.5 mm

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
You will find the Ray Wu black plugs will not work with the Ray Wu white plugs as the black are 15mm and the white are 13.5 mm

As an aside; there are black versions of the 13.5mm ones now I believe, so it pays to check size and not rely on the colour.

Just for fun, there is also another (black) 4 pin connector (seen on some stars) that is neither of the above.

neilric99

Full time elf
the stellascapes and ledwalker black plugs I believe are 10mm , so another choice. As long as you can get enough tails and extensions you just have to stick with what you have and next year it may be something different so just plan on that.
my biggest pain this past year was Ray supplying the 15mm plug which were both 15mm but had a different alignment notch on them, that was not the only issue as they were reversed on the pins as well :(

ltay13

Full time elf
We have looked at those plugs as well. If the existing Ray ones don't fit maybe in future people could ask him specifically to use the ones we use so they mate properly. We'll see how the current Ray ones go first I guess.

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
Could I order a "almost" P&P unit with everything excluding the plugs? I have standardised on the 3 pin plugs and have hundreds so can easily just install those.
Ill send you a mail on your website.

riri7707

Full time elf
Hi,
A simple question :
In case we have both 2801 and 2811 pixels strings, can we mix in the same board using different outputs or the choiced SPI protocol was made for full board and in this case we will need 2 units ?
Henri