Pixlite 16 Fuses

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I've just found out my lights etc are on there way so I am getting prepared. I've been looking at fuses and what is required for safety. I have a Pixlite 16 and on the website it says that each output is individually fused with a 4A limit each. I had a look on my controller and I can only see one fuse.

How can each of the 16 outputs be individually fused with only one fuse.

If this does work with only one fuse, how do I know which output blew the fuse if it ever happens to blow.

I apologise if all this is obvious once you get into the setup software but I haven't received my psu yet to be able to check anything out.

Whilst on this subject can I just buy these fuses anywhere for spares or do I need something special.

Thanks

darylc

404 darylc not found
There was a design change in board version 3.4 to replace the poly (auto resetting fuses) with mini blade fuses.

So your board probably has the "Self-resetting poly-fuse protection on each output"

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks Daryl. Mine is a Version 3.3. Now I've looked at the writing on the board the yellow things beside each output have fuse written beside them. They must be the self resetting ones like you say.

I've only just purchased the controller so not sure why it is not the latest version. Although there is no mention of version 3.4 on their website.

ltay13

Full time elf
Community project designer
Daryl is right they are polyfuses. The new revision starting shipping out just this week that's why you have the polyfuse version.