pixlite continually falling off the network

sweepa

New elf
hi has anyone had an issue with the pixlite 16s falling off the network with the power led on hard. Firmwar eis all the latest , was changin a setup on 1 of the 3 to change led chips that one controller went off and then with in a few minutes the others disappeared off the network.

Any Ideas

thanks in advance

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
My unhelpful suggestion would be to put a bigger network under it so it doesn't fall off as easily ;)

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
if you have updated the firmware make sure you have updated the software also to this
Filename[/t]
Advatek-Assistant-V2.3.2.zip
filesize[/t]
7.69 MB
Version[/t]
Category[/t]

sweepa

New elf
i have just 3 controllers on a dedicated switch the power staus light stays on and then no network traffic really only testing at thi spoint with one string conneected to each controller

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Start with changing the cable

Then only connect 1 controller at a time and see where that takes you

brianvernon

New elf
My helpful suggestion would be to ring Luke at Adatek Lights. Its probably in your settings DHCP or static page 5 of the Configuration guide for the pixlite 16

sweepa

New elf
worked it out with the help of the community I was using the old advatek assistant and when changes are made after the new firmware has been loaded, it locks the controller up and stops any network traffic to the controller you have to run bootloader using the latest advatek assistance then instal the latest firmware and set up the controller again.

ltay13

Full time elf
Community project designer
Just FYI that can also just be fixed with a factory reset instead of fully reloading the firmware. It's important to use the latest version of Advatek Assistant though because new firmware often has new features that need to be configured.

However the newer versions of firmware and Advatek Assistant have protection built in to complain if you forget to update the software. So when future updates come out you won't see this problem which can definitely be confusing. Instead you'll be greeted with a message asking you to update the software.

Hope that helps prevent this from happening again!