Pixlite4 - Linux support

cjd

New elf
G'day,
I'm just wondering if you have documented anywhere how to get temperature information from a pixlite4 directly?
I know that I can use the Advatek assistant tool - but that only runs on windows (not linux)
I'd like to be able to monitor the temperature of the controller from my linux box (and perhaps even integrate the monitoring into FPP running on a Raspberry Pi)

ltay13

Full time elf
Community project designer
There isn't any native software for Linux to read back the temperature. The Advatek Assistant software will run on Windows or OSX but not Linux. If you're looking to integrate the feedback into the FPP code however it's possible you can do this with some basic UDP packets. If you're interested, contact us at support@advateklights.com so we can talk about the details.

cjd

New elf
Re: Pixlite4 - Temperature information from linux

In case anyone is interested - I've written a quick perl script (with assistance from advatek) to query the temperature from a Pixlite controller.
There isn't much to it - you only need to change the IP address to whatever the controller is on.
It's handy for monitoring temperature.
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use IO::Socket;
use strict;

my $response = IO::Socket::INET->new(Proto=>"udp",LocalPort=>49150)
  or die "Can't make UDP server: $@";

my $message = IO::Socket::INET->new(Proto=>"udp",PeerPort=>49150,PeerAddr=>"192.168.0.50")
  or die "Can't make UDP socket: $@";
$message->send("\x41\x64\x76\x61\x74\x65\x63\x68\x00\x00\x01\x02");

my ($datagram,$flags);
$response->recv($datagram,1024,$flags);
my $temp = ((ord(substr($datagram,104,1))*265) + ord(substr($datagram,105,1)))/10;
print "Temperature: ".$temp."\n";