Place to buy Raspberry Pi and BBB and all your other bits

Kitman

Full time elf
So I have been looking to buy a raspberry pi for a while now in order to run my show. I came across this website http://www.auseparts.com.au/ that sell all of the little computers that we use and then some.

Now I am not affiliated with this site at all I just came across it and wanted to let you all know about it. So if your looking for a Pi or a BBB or an arduino or anything else really they seem to have most of everything. Also failry good pricing and shipping charges, the raspberry pi is on sale for the next 6 days.

Ordered mine today and payed for next day delivery so lets see how quick it comes.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
AAH said:
http://au.element14.com/raspberry-pi/raspberrypi-2-modb-1gb/sbc-raspberry-pi-2-model-b-1gb/dp/2461030 is cheaper by $7 than from auseparts and the Beaglebone looks to be about the same price difference.
Element14 are fantastic on delivery and overnight delivery is the norm. I also have no affiliation with them but I have been using Farnell/Element 14 for more than 20 years.
same here Element 14 are great not saying that the others are not great but for service and performance element 14 has my vote

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Element 14 has my vote for rasp pi's an bbb's,
an for the arduino's the best place is ebay or aliexpress for them

#1mate

364 Days building 1 night admiring.
Cannot complain with element14.
Bought BBB on Friday delivered at door Monday morning.
They are fantastic.

Kitman

Full time elf
At my old workplace my boss had an account with Farnell / Element 14, he even used to get the "catalogue" lol massive thing.

However when you go to order from them it says that if it's private you need to order from one of the resellers and not from them so I don't know if you can order from them if you don't have an ABN or business, I didn't try. I did find this place and saw they had heaps of stuff and thought people might want to buy from them instead of Element 14.

multicast

Senior elf
If your lookng to buy a BBB, you might now consider a BBG. ( Beaglebone Green ) from Seeed Studio.. $US39 vs $50

livetoride

Full time elf
With element14 if you click on where it said find re seller it gives you the price you can buy it for off a re seller which for me was $45.40!

Kitman

Full time elf
Well my package has arrived from the place listed above. Got my raspberry pi a little copper heatsink and a wipi wireless dongle. Super happy with the service even though all the boxes have element14 across them lol.

gerry

Senior elf
multicast said:
If your lookng to buy a BBB, you might now consider a BBG. ( Beaglebone Green ) from Seeed Studio.. $US39 vs $50

i don't think that the green has been tested by anyone as yet with the octascroller etc to make sure that it works with no issues/tweaking required.

multicast

Senior elf
gerry said:
multicast said:

i don't think that the green has been tested by anyone as yet with the octascroller etc to make sure that it works with no issues/tweaking required.

Can't see it being a problem. I've got one arriving shortly.. will le you know. I don't anticipate any issues.