Plasma Icicle info coming down. Get it now if you want it

plasmadrive

Full time elf
Thanks.. and here is a short cut to the folder.. I think..

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=d9b541b0b41bfba7&id=D9B541B0B41BFBA7!227&ithint=folder,.JPG&authkey=!ALdO_FfkoPFMfFQ

Baf05

Full time elf
There was mention of a PDF (I am assuming a how to) while the pics are pretty good, I would like the words too, anyone still got it?

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
you can get them in less than 500 lots. When I ordered my strips I didn't think I'd ever use 500 so I asked Ray for 100 or the minimum order to give him the choice. He gave me a price for 100 and the price was the same per unit as is listed for getting 500.

Baf05

Full time elf
Thanks guys, I just ordered 500, I wont need that many but better to have to many than not enough....

.... I have sat here all day trying to physic myself up to get started and cut the first strip, but I am soooo scared...

plasmadrive

Full time elf
Hi All,

I have been kinda busy lately so I haven't been on this forum much.

If you are making Plasma Icicles, one think that you will need to watch out for is pulling the strips into the sleeve. With the green wire behind the strip it can be a bit difficult. I figured out a technique that allowed me to do it pretty quickly. Kind of like an inch worm to get it most of the way and then I used a dental tool with a hook like end to get behind the wire where it solders to the strip. I used that to pull it the rest of the way out.

Would love to see pics of those that are making them for this year.

Craig

arw01

Full time elf
With my silicon sleeve strips that i put into pex tube I "rolled" up the silicon cover on the one end I was soldering. Normally with a bit of pinching of the led strip itself I was able to slide a bit of the sleeve up an 1" get at the pads easy, and then slide the sleeve back down.

With a small tip you only need a 1/2" of clearance to avoid melting the sleeve. I was thinking of using a stiff wire with my data line when I stuff it down the backside of my pixicles if I make them this year. Some possible work turmoil in the next 90 days has be a bit shy of spending hundreds of dollars on led strips.

Alan

Habbosrus

Back again
Baf05 said:
Thanks guys, I just ordered 500, I wont need that many but better to have to many than not enough....

.... I have sat here all day trying to physic myself up to get started and cut the first strip, but I am soooo scared...
Have a crack at it, you'll be glad you did. You will learn new skills along the way. I made some (95) and was reluctant to take the first step. All of this lighting stuff is a learning curve for all of us. I didn't take pics along the way but can offer up pics of complete ones. One trick I used to get the wire down the back of tube was a piece of corflute. I used some 2.5mm corflute, cut just one strip of it, shoved it down the tube, slid my data wire thru it and then just pulled the corflute out.