Plasma Icicles

DanJ

Full time elf
My first year to synch and to go RGB, so I am starting somewhat small with six 60 pixel arches. I LOVE the effect you have done here; it is awesome!!!

plasmadrive

Full time elf
DanJ said:
My first year to synch and to go RGB, so I am starting somewhat small with six 60 pixel arches. I LOVE the effect you have done here; it is awesome!!!

Thanks.. I think I have only scratch the surface of what I can do with them. It just takes a long time to do intricate effects with 3500 channels.

plasmadrive

Full time elf
greg58 said:
Great job, Looks fantastic! Lot of work there. What voltage are you using?

Thank you! I am using 5v WS2812B strips. But.. I inject power every 30 pixels so my whites are really nice CW.

DanJ

Full time elf
Craig:
Just saved your PDF. How did you setup the strings with numbers of pixels that are not all 0.5m/1m/etc? I thought you had to cut these at the "cut line", but perhaps that is not applicable for dumb strips??
Thanks!!!
DanJ

plasmadrive

Full time elf
DanJ said:
Craig:
Just saved your PDF. How did you setup the strings with numbers of pixels that are not all 0.5m/1m/etc? I thought you had to cut these at the "cut line", but perhaps that is not applicable for dumb strips??
Thanks!!!
DanJ
The cut line is after ever single pixel on the WS2812Bs, these are not the dumb strips. If you use the 12v version I think the cut line is every 3 LED that equals 1 pixel for control.

plasmadrive

Full time elf
ScottyJ said:
Hey Craig which sequencer are you using?

Scott

I am using LOR S3 plus Nutcracker. Overall effects like the fire and twinkle and so on I create in Nutcracker and export to LOR as a clipboard.

The things like the eves acting like arches is all LOR.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
I may be having brain fade here but for digital pixel strips each pixel is sequencially numbered which means the data must go in one end and out the other but you dont appear to be doing it this way....What am I missing here?

plasmadrive

Full time elf
Beacy said:
I may be having brain fade here but for digital pixel strips each pixel is sequencially numbered which means the data must go in one end and out the other but you dont appear to be doing it this way....What am I missing here?

Yes DI then pixels then DO, you are correct. What you are missing is the way I do it. Take a look at the pictures in the Dropbox. I think they are pics 1 and 2.
There is a green wire running up the back side of the strip inside the sleeve. That green wire belongs to cable that is the "Goes Outta".