plastic enclosures used by lithgow and Yagoona

mborg10

Michael Borg
BOO, I finally got around to ordering my enclosures but now they are not listed on the website only smaller sizes. I emailed the guys to see if they will be getting more in or perhaps slightly larger ones. I hope its just because so many people have bought them that they are out of stock.
Fingers crossed

Benslights

Dedicated elf
guys I have just ordered some of the next size down

240 x 190 x 90

here is some sample photos.

IMG_1814.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

Benslights

Dedicated elf
also speaking with the owner today he is still trying to get larger boxes but is not having much luck. the old place has closed down so this is why he is having issues.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Yeah I saw those boxes but was hoping to get a power supply and controller in the one box. If it means we can find some but have to order. I need 7 or 8

Gray_magic

The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!
hey all,
I use the same boxes but i get them from my local Ideal electrical outlet. I paid a quite a bit more for mine but are also a lot larger. if you cant find much in the size you are after as I couldn't my advice would be to find your local electrical wholesaler that sells to the public and see what they have. I have got quite a lot in mine... check the pics for some idea. rough costing was $70 for the size in the pic but I have a few smaller ones that cost around $40. My clear lid type for my mega tree cost me around $90 but that didn't bother me as I purchased this with the company CC... :D . I cleaned them out of what they had and he said they could order more and have them in by the end of the week.

Gray_magic

The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!
Haha... I didn't realise when I posted this YL. I actually found the receipt for the boxes I bought and realised I payed a lot less for mine than I thought. The large one was $55 but I bought a mounting plate with it, Made it $70. Some of the guys were talking of postage etc so my assumption thinking it was an online seller was wrong...lol. These enclosures work very well... I must have been lucky to get the larger ones.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
lol

no all good Grey he is a online supplier and he just happens to be my local supplier also he trades under two names all good you were not to know.

dannyp

Full time elf
Can I just ask about the setup with the fuse block? Am I right that you have the common wire running straight from the PS to the board and the active wire running to the fuse block and then another wire from the fuse block to the board? If this is right, does this mean that you then run the lights straight from the board without the need for any more fuses?

I thought that each actual pixel string needed to go through a fuse box?

Thanks