Playing audio through a BeagleBone Black

SantaClaws

Apprentice elf
Greetings,
I have searched 'hi & lo' for a solution to the problem of playing audio when using FPP on a BBB.
To date, there have been many varied answers.
eg. Do I go for a USB audio adapter or extract audio from the HDMI (assuming it's not disabled)?
I would like to know what solutions members have, satisfactorily, used.

Thanks for any responses.

SantaClaws

Apprentice elf
Thanks for the prompt response, MacArthur St Light Fusion.
Did you get a driver disk with it?
I will check it out.

Regards,

No disk required, the drivers that go with it are pretty generic... all that you will have to do is plug it all in, go into FPP settings on the BBB, and if it doesn't recognise the USB audio card, run the code that Captain was talking about in the SSH shell... I can post the link if you need it...

SantaClaws

Apprentice elf
Hi MacArthur St Light Fusion,
Well I got a USB audio adapter, it was sold as 'Linux compatible', plugged it into my BeagleBone Black with an audio-backed sequence running, but still did not get even a 'beep' out of my device.
What was that about some required code from Captain you mentioned?
When I went to Falcon settings on my BBB and selected audio device, it didn 't show up as being recognised.
Regards,
Santa Claws

SantaClaws

Apprentice elf
http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,5742.msg58259.html#msg58259

4th post on this thread is a code to run while in SSH shell... if you don't know how to do this let me know and I can walk you through it...

Hi MacArthur St Light Fusion,
Sorry for the delay in responding, been very busy.
I had a look at the previous post regarding the code, but do not know how to input the code to my BBB.
I am also very nervous about changing an already-running sequence in case I 'break' it (it's already happened twice when I tried to add further effects to the sequence).

Hi mate,
Might be worth jumping into chat this afternoon if you are available? I'll be busy most of today, but can jump in this afternoon/night and get a few more details if you like?

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.