Please, Help with knowledge on RGB par lights

hdracer

There is no rehab for the CLAP
Ok my wife & son are both on the media team @ our church. Well the past 2 days we have all been involved with the media team making a short film. Well they had the RGB spots on the ground and had them changing the colors manually off the back of each can. Well my wife was asking me if I knew how to control them, due to this hobby. Of course being the person I am. Had to say no, but I will find out how to work them soon. She stated that she wants to get some like them for her "Party planning" she does as a hobby. So of course I got all excited and said, can I use them in my display at showtimes....
Question is: Are these difficult to program in LSP?
I would also like to know if I can control them somehow through DMX device without having to sequence a song? and control them manually like for their filming on sites.
What devices or programs would I need to do this with?
Where is the best place to purchase decent DMX controlled can lights?

Any help would be gladly appreciated in more ways than known.
Thanks!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
If its DMX then it will work with LSP, Depending on how many channels the lights are will determine how to set these up. You even have the ability to program and control moveable lighting heads as well in LSP.
What you will need is a DMX dongle or E1.31 to DMX bridge like a ECG D2 and an RJ45 to XLR plug adaptor which can be made easily enough or you can buy one from Ray or Ebay.

hdracer

There is no rehab for the CLAP
Ok, cool. looks like I will be spending some time learning some of this with you FE when you come to the academy.... Any good sources that sale the dmx lights that are reasonable in price?

Thanks again