Power connection question!

Lampy

New elf
Hi, i have some 5v digital led strip. It has three connections +5v, gnd and data.
I have found lying around an AC-DC power module which seems like it may do the job of powering the strip.
However the power module is designed to be soldered into a pcb and therefore has tiny little posts for soldering rather than
proper connectors. The input side has two connections - AC live and neutral, but the output side has three connections which are Vo+, Vo- and trim. I guess what i'm really getting at is how can i get the 5v to my strip from this module if it has no gnd? Would connecting the Vo- to the ground make it go bang?

cheers

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I've been slack and didn't get back to your other topic but I'm replying to this one at least. For 5V you shouldn't need to worry about the trim terminal at all. The output terminals marked as VO- and VO+ are ground and +5V. Because you haven't got nice terminals for connecting wires too you'll need to be exceptionally careful with the mains voltage connections and to make sure that they aren't in contact with what I assume is a metal case.

Lampy

New elf
Ah, great news! So i can consider Vo- to be gnd. Saves on buying a couple of psu's! Thanks for your response.
Much apreciated. :D