Power Injection Question

mbl111

New elf
I was just wondering if power injection can work if you branch off the wire coming into the strip (as in the image) or if you need to run a second cable all the way from the power supply?

mdz1DGk.png

darylc

404 darylc not found
That will only really help in some edge cases where you are suffering from voltage drop through the strip rather than over your feed cable.

If you had very thick feed cables from your psu to the start of the strip then this would help but most people don't so you need to run all the way back to the psu.

damona

Full time elf
Which one is best or correct? ???
[attachimg=1]

Here is video with just the Ground connect to the end.
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdJ8xGNb6rc

Attachments

• Different Power Injections Methods which one is best.png
    Different Power Injections Methods which one is best.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 101

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
damona said:
Which on is best or correct? ???
[attachimg=1]
i run ALL my power injection straight from a fuse block direct off the PSU and some of my mega tree Power injection leads have 2 plugs on them

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
It all depends on what you are doing?

If you only have one 5m strip you normally don't need any power injection.

If you are planning on running more than one strip in series then I would run a separate power cable for power injection at the start of each strip.

Check out the Power Injection section in the "101 manual" for Fasteddy's examples.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
A and D are correct. A is the better option. B is the option that you would use (kinda) if you were changing from 5V to 12V or vice versa or if you had a really long run and had separate fusing for different parts of the pixel run.
Running the injection points right back to the power supply/fuse will minimise the voltage drop.