Power question

Dave_Szoka

Full time elf
so I have just built my new controller box for my roof bits..
Because this year I’m adding 2x 46” singing bulbs to my roof I have had to add another power supply.

The question is: I want to just use port 4 of my differential receiver for data only.. no power
7939A793-8BEC-486F-A781-409DF5CF06A9.jpeg
As you can see I have wired the 12v into a distro board... should I also do the negative(ground)

I hope that makes sense

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Any chance of a picture of what you want to do. I can't picture what you're trying to do and I couldn't work it out from the photo.

Dave_Szoka

Full time elf
Basically
Power supply 1 is power the differential receiver board

Power supply 2 is for the power inject

Ports 1 though 3 are for my roof line all running of supply 1

Port 4 is for 2x 46” singing bulbs.. in the photo above I have attached the 12v to supply 2 and left the data & ground going into the differential receiver..

Do I need to connect the ground to supply 2as well

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
So if I understand correctly, your power supply 1 runs your differential board and powers your existing roof bits through that board. The distro board is only for your new power supply and you want to take the data out of port 4 on the differential board to run the new elements.

If so then you have to have the grounds of the power supplies tied together and make sure the power wire in port 4 is not connected and it should work no worries.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.