Problem with one channel

bdeditch

Full time elf
I was testing my J12's tonight. I was in test mode when I noticed that one of the strings was only lighted the first 3 led, using 2811, I check connections and they looked good. Tried in on another channel and it worked fine, checked fuse and it looks good as well. It is on Bank one Channel 4 here are the stats for this channel

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Maybe this is a silly suggestion but I have found on a couple of occasions that my strip has lit only the first three lights when I have had the data and ground round the wrong way compared to the wiring on my P12s (occurred because some of my strip came with blue as ground and some with blue as data) although admittedly the first three lights on mine usually glowed a lot dimmer than yours do.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Try and attach the wiring to the next section and see if the whole strip lights up, if it does then it was the first section causing the problem so cut it out.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Is it worth replacing the pigtail connected to that output on the P12s in case it's wired incorrectly? Maybe the wrong wire goes to the wrong pin? Just another idea.

bdeditch

Full time elf
logandc99 said:
Is it worth replacing the pigtail connected to that output on the P12s in case it's wired incorrectly? Maybe the wrong wire goes to the wrong pin? Just another idea.
I did that already, no difference.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Can you post a pic of the setup for the channel, also the setup in your driving program so we can check that

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Next thing to try is changing that output's settings, save then change back and save again. Don't forget to reboot each time.

Other than that, the only other thing I can think of is a damaged driver chip on that output.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Yes the config in the P12 as well as the output config in LSP/Vixen etc so we can see if there is an error there too

bdeditch

Full time elf
lithgowlights said:
Yes the config in the P12 as well as the output config in LSP/Vixen etc so we can see if there is an error there too
I am just using the test mode in the P12R not hooked up to LOR, that is what I use.