Question - How do people mount roof lines on ridges and apex

JohnsRdChristmas

Full time elf
I am using led strip for roof lines, (may regret it later :p)
I already use led strip zip tied to plastic tubing for the gutter lines, but wanting to run lights on the roof edges (ridges/apex)

Will likely mount strip on pipe again but how do people mount it on tiled roof ridges and apex
Only way I can thing of is guy wires running under some tiles? But must be a simpler way

JohnsRdChristmas

Full time elf
Perfect thanks heaps abundy,
Will have to look at my ridges as think the edges are concreted from memory, but will need to look,

Thanks heaps!!!

abundy

Full time elf
I think that typically the sides are concerted, but the front faces normally are not. You really don't need to slide under a tile as you could just silicone it to the tile.
Good luck with it all. The roof outline is my favourite part of my display.

Grant

New elf
I too am looking to do my gutters and roof outline on a tile roof for 2019. I was looking at getting 12mm bullet nodes and some corrostrip zip tied to pvc.

My ridge caps are all concreted in on the sides and ends, and was wondering the best way to get the ridge lines done.

Was thinking of straddling the ridge tile with some wire which hooks into the ends of the closest roof tile, or alternatively affixing some PVC conduit clips to the ridge tiles themselves.

Would appreciate seeing some photos of how others have done it.

JohnsRdChristmas

Full time elf
Abundy above posted a link to a previous thread which seems the best solution so far,

But also had the bracket idea to straddle the ridges and run wire it down,

Going to have to jump on a ladder and have a closer look,

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I posted in the thread in abundy's link above, but here it is directly:
https://auschristmaslighting.com/th...ls-to-roof-ridge-line-peaks.10775/#post-96443
I silicone ziptie mounts to the roof tiles, let them cure over 24hrs then I ziptie the conduit to the mounts. Very simple to do and i've never had any sections fall/fail. Yes 1 or 2 mounts may have come out over the years but it's to be expected really when I didn't thoroughly clean the tiles first.
Also, never use the sticky baks that come with them - absolute rubbish on tile surfaces. Take them off and use silicone.